Orange Cable SR20 S13 Transmission

Problems, ideas and comments specific to engine swaps.
Ottawa510
Supporter

Orange Cable SR20 S13 Transmission

Post by Ottawa510 »

I am swapping the SR20 transmission into my Datsun, and I was wondering what the big orange wire (hollow, like a vacuum tube) is, and whether I need to hook it up. I looked everywhere and couldn't find out what it is. Image
Do I need to hook it up to anything? My feeling is not but I wouldn't want my shifting jeopardized by my ignorance. Thanks.
torqued

Re: Orange Cable SR20 S13 Transmission

Post by torqued »

Breather tube
Ottawa510
Supporter

Post by Ottawa510 »

Thanks. Also wondering about the transmission sub-harness - does it need to be connected to anything? I have the wiring harness from wiring specialties and it doesn't have a connector for the tranny sub-harness.
JordanTr

Post by JordanTr »

Depends what sort of functionality you're interested in. There's a neutral safety switch, reverse switch and speed sensor that are all on the tranny. I'm using a mechanical speedo and no neutral safety so the only sensor I've hooked up is the reverse sensor.
'72 2 door KA project | S14 Silvia RB25DET | S14 RB26DETT (sold) | '90 Audi 90Q20V (sold)
akara

Post by akara »

JordanTr wrote:Depends what sort of functionality you're interested in. There's a neutral safety switch, reverse switch and speed sensor that are all on the tranny. I'm using a mechanical speedo and no neutral safety so the only sensor I've hooked up is the reverse sensor.
The sr will work mostly fine this way, but from tuning my ECU I know that the SR20DET ECU actually has specific maps it uses when the neutral switch is engaged. It also uses the speed sensor on the ECU to hold the idle speed up a little before you have completely stopped.