Irish News

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
Doughnut510

Irish News

Post by Doughnut510 »

Hi all,how you all doing finally going to get pics on here this week-end,thanks to one of your moderators at long last.Up-dates using my 87 Laurel most days,just bought a Nissan 100NX and wait for it a MK1 MR2 T top...Been on some runs with my classic car club,took the Laurel and the Celeste both getting loads of attention.In Ireland now all spray shops are being made to use water based paint which is,a nightmare for classic cars.Paint is working out at $140 per litre,yes that much, fuel here is $10 per gallon.The run we did in the Laurel covered 140 miles and cost me $60 in fuel,mind you I was smoking it every junction!!!!!!!.Big shows coming up at Mosney and Trim in June and July,anyone on holiday contact me and join in the craic and Guinness!!!!!!.510 is slowly getting stripped down,and list of parts required getting noted.Love to hear reaction to costs over here,what is fuel price there,how much does a respray cost etc.Look out for my pics back online real soon Doughnut
bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: Irish News

Post by bertvorgon »

Fuel here, for Premium, which is 94 octane, was virtually 1.40 litre, which works out to $6.36 for an imperial gallon.

Regular gas, which is 87 octane, is 1.27 litre, or $5.77 an imperial gallon. And we are preparing for both a tax increase on gas of 2.5 cents a liter on July 1st, plus whatever market issues are going to force it to 1.40 a litre for summer driving.

i think the Americans are paying on the highside of $3 + for a U.S. Gallon?
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes »

$3.89 for 87, $4.15 for 92. Getting up there...
hang_510
Supporter

Post by hang_510 »

time to start putting some 12yo scotch in the tank...:shock:

costco 87 last night $3.71/G
byron wrote:I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.
okayfine wrote:Sense doesn't always have everything to do with it, and I speak from experience.
SpudWhitman
Supporter

Post by SpudWhitman »

So the EU mandates on cellulose and other such volatile organic compounds have affected the paint choices available, but what of clearcoats or basecoats? And has it been a nightmare just from the back to factory spec original paint codes by true to the book restorers of classics perspective, or a nightmare because of the added steps necessary for completing a waterbased paintjob?
Snoop Dogg knows a fine Dime when he sees one.