Fender Mirrors

gokiburix

Fender Mirrors

Post by gokiburix »

Hi All!

I'm new to the 510 scene. I was wondering if anyone has put S30 Z fender mirrors on a 510...and if so, what position?

I'm looking to put a pair on my 510.

thanks in advance!
goki
okayfine
Supporter

Re: Fender Mirrors

Post by okayfine »

Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
gokiburix

Post by gokiburix »

Hi thanks for the quick reply. I already have the fender mirrors. I was just wondering how you mount it on a 510. I know how to do it on a Z (i have one) but more importantly, I was hoping someone would know the correct measurements to where exactly on the fender to mount them.

thanks in advance again!
goki
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

there should be instructions on here somewhere, I made them for another member....I'll try to find them....modeled off my coupe....
...got them....here you go!! enjoy
http://www.the510realm.com/phpBB3/downl ... &mode=view
gokiburix

Post by gokiburix »

AWESOME!! THANKS!! this applies to both sides? ...because on the S30 Z is different for each side.
Also, how hard is it to install on a 510? Looks a lot different from a Z as far as i can tell.
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

Looks exactly the same on the other side, I have never seen them on a Z so I have no idea, but my JDM Coupe has them the same. I don't think that would be hard to install, but what is easy for me may not be easy for you.....I have no hesitation when it comes to cutting or drilling on my car.....I have done so much to it so far that drilling a hole is nothing....just make sure you measure many times....then take a break, have a smoke or Coke, then measure again.....the rule applies, measure twice and cut once....
gokiburix

Post by gokiburix »

AWESOME!! THANKS Goichi! I totally appreciate your help! I'll be tackling it this weekend. I'll let you know if I run into any problems.

THANKS AGAIN!
-goki
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

no problem.....anytime....
johnbureezu

Post by johnbureezu »

Speaking of fender mirrors...Anyone know where I can score a set of these? I believe that they're napoleon GT.
http://easytunegarage.blogspot.com/
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

I'll try to find you a set when i get to Japan....they are cool>.....
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

if you take the fenders off, you will see an indent in the upper/fender frame rail.
this is there for the fenders mirrors - likely for install or adjustment, but could be required for clearance.
just another one of those things to check.

i would be more inclined to put them in a place that was good and visible 9functional), than dimensionally correct.
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
erb379

Post by erb379 »

Sorry to get off topic...

But I am lovin' that front lip/fascia. Is that some BRE molded on? Or is that one of those mysterious japanese parts that no one can get their hands on. :roll:
johnbureezu

Post by johnbureezu »

Yeah that front lip is badarse! Seen it on quite a few Japanese dimes.
Oh and Goichi, no worries, I just found the mirrors after some hardcore surfing and katakana reading. Very expensive and rare I guess.
They went for about $165 on yahoo japan.
http://easytunegarage.blogspot.com/
duke
Supporter

Post by duke »

I *think* that the lip on that yellow is off a 720 pickup. Molded into the valence.

You can see it a little better in this one...

Sorry to kinda hijack but I have thought about doing this for a while.
Duke Schimmer

'72 2-Door 510
"Simplify and add lightness."
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

$165.00 that's not bad.....the stock Bluebird fender mirrors are about 200.00 new........also on Yahoo japan....