Datsun 510 v8 swap question

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
Unknown007

Re: Datsun 510 v8 swap question

Post by Unknown007 »

i havnt had time to be on for amintute i just woke up i'll answer and read everything else ina minute thanks.just be patient with me i'll let you know.
Unknown007

Post by Unknown007 »

ight let's see i finally read it.that link of the VG30E engine well i thought it was the VG30DE honestly i really would love a Vg engine but if the easier one is VG30E then i guess that'll be it.for the v8 answer i mean who wouldn't want a V8 510?i would but again like i said i been reseaching and noticed that it heats up too much,need way bigger brakes,balance the whole car out,etc. and thats too much.here's my plan its simple.for the body i save that for last i start inside out better say.of course i will look for rust before working on it which as of now i see a little bit but got it fixed.some guy told me his friend has a shop i could go to because he has done lots of 510 swaps almost all of them.which i can use his shop and all his tools of course for a fee.ok my plans are to make it unique and i hope nobody tries to steal it but here.let's go VIP on this.hate it or not i think its a good idea i got a photoshop i did here look my plans.i did it myself.

and at night
i hope you like it but honestly to finish it it wont be as much.i contacted a vip car builder and he said the range wasting will be probly about 2-4k not including the car.he says the best cheapest swap is the ka24de but i want to go v6 now aftering reading how bad v8 is.i bet all you are saying wow no it's more than that for the suspension.well i'll be going air ride on this one.i forgot what kind but the guy said he'll do it for me.then get some 17's or 18's on that which will be about 2-3k right there.for the lighting etc will be last.for the brakes i was thinking just drilled rotors and 300zx brake caliapers (i cant spell it).then re-chroming all trims or buying them again.tinted windows.interior it's ok i'll keep it that way for now.tint windows.for the original 510 engine i'll sell that.for the swaps i want the v6 but i mean the ka24de aint bad ethier but im telling you my secondary its the ka24de but my 1st the v6 VG30DE/VG30E.for paint that'll be later on my friends dad can paint and primer and my girlfriends dad has a paint gun.the differential i hear like i said the 240sx has a bullet proof one which i might as well toss that in.im just really getting help on the swap.like i said the vip builder will help me on suspension for the air ride and the wheel fitting.i just need motor help,tranmission help,brake help,and enigne mounts etc.thanks i hope i made sense because i suck at english.thanks again sorry if i havnt been listening well i'd always read then just scroll so yea.but this time i got i down i hope.

P.S. i was drunk on my last post incase your like is he mental.sorry.
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

I love the photoshop shots. I think the stance is great on that car. I don't care for the wheels or so much negative camber though.

Do you have any pics of your 510 now? I am sure we would all like to see what you are starting with.
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
Unknown007

Post by Unknown007 »

to be honest no because it's not with me right now.it's at my cousings house in his garage.but the stande wont me with that much camber it would most likely be like this.

by the way thats nice.i just hope since im the very 1st to come up with this idea im the first to accomplish it.lol yea being first rocks hahaha.but other than that like i said im more into asking about brakes,motor swap,motor install,and etc.i got the suspension under control.
djlotus
Supporter

Post by djlotus »

I had actually thought about going somewhat VIP on my 510 but then I remembered that I have no money! And I think it could be a nice car if done right. My only complaint really is the holes/emblems on the fender. Not digging it too much.
Unknown007

Post by Unknown007 »

yea i know i just did it i dont know why.well yea were you going air or springs?
djlotus
Supporter

Post by djlotus »

I'll be sticking with springs. Sometime down the line I'd like coil-overs. Nice little drop with some nice rims. Dark paint of one color or another and tint. Subtle VIP
spoolinitup33

Post by spoolinitup33 »

Just to be honest, I don't think you'll ever go through with this project. You have so many ideas in your head that you THINK you're going to go with, I just don't believe that it will be done. And you sure don't sound like you're all bright when it comes to cars either.
Unknown007

Post by Unknown007 »

bright huh?you just jealous because you had plans and fail hey check it just because you fail on your plans doesnt mean i do ight.you'll see.oh yea i rather be dark than bright yea thanks.and for the other guy i guess i was just going air just to make it more simple you know?incase you have to take a couple people just pop it up.if you also think about it its not much ideas what air ride engine sawp and rims and tires big deal 3 swaps and brakes.thats all im going for now.i hvae somebody gudiing me through this to so keep you mouth shut thanks.

p.s. if you think i know nothing about cars trust me i know alot.just not the old kinds like the datsun tahts why they invented a forum to ask questions.but yours doesnt help so i wont let it put me down.my plans will come out rigth while you still become a low life.and this goes for the guy who called me not bright.
thisismatt
Supporter

Post by thisismatt »

yo when you put in that 240sx rear end what axles are you gonna use i hear they have different mounting things and the differential isn't the same size as the old school kind in the 510 but I guess if you take some plumbers tape you know that metal strap stuff with the holes in it you could probably hook it up and be okay since nobodys gonna see it so as long as it works. i hear the ka24de weighs like as the same much as the vg30e or vg30de i can't remember exactly which but you should just go with the v6 since its basically bolt in and just almost plug right in to the 510 wiring but the v8 is just too long and also you might have to do something with the fuel tank but just get your shop guy or your moms sisters sons dogs vet guy to hook that up and for lights you can get some 12 volt ones at home depot that are pretty bright I was at a car wash the other day and a guy had some and I could see them from outside the car wash thing so I know they r bright (whoops I don't mean like "your bright" I just mean the lights had a lot of power for me to see them out of the car wash place)

well hope this helps and mabe you can show some pictures of your car before n after but put up some before and progres ones cause i know you can finish it but it still takes some time so we can see some pictures during the build

peace
I'm your huckleberry.
defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes »

Awesome.
djlotus
Supporter

Post by djlotus »

defdes wrote:Awesome.
I concur
Unknown007

Post by Unknown007 »

Yo you guys trying to clown on me?ight well if you are i'll make your smiles fall when im done.Im out this Nitch!!!
Unknown007

Post by Unknown007 »

oh yea and thisismat dont ever put family in this it just may get worse.ok family has nothing to do with my plans thanks show some respect.
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

C'mon guys you're trampling someone's dream. You all were as enthusiastic when that young.... until life's reality turned you into cynics. :mrgreen: Just smile and nod your heads and try to remember when everything was in front of you ....

Unknown007: . win or loose give it a shot.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs