Stupid @#$!@#$!@#$!@#$ denting my car !!

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
wtf

Post by wtf »

If I could do mine like this one....

I'd do it in a second (minus the rocker dealie there)
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

I've seen that car before!!
That's Dave's!

I'm pretty sure that's his "drag racing" 510...some domestic motor in it. I wanna say V8, but I hesitant as it could be a V6...either way, it only goes straight.

So add it to the ones where I don't like flares on 4-doors...and they are well done. It must be the fact that they take away from the "sedan" look, and give it too much "sporty-ness".

If i'm gonna flare something, it has to be a two door. Can you imagine what a Coupe would look like!! It would look tough....that would be cool!
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
D510

Post by D510 »

awww man thats looks sweet!
-1988 Red Jaguar Solvereign, Cold Airintake, Exhaust, Tint, Alpine Sound System.
-1972 Black 2dr Datsun 510, slammed with Built L20B
wtf

Post by wtf »

Mehh, I like it. I know i'll prolly NEVER do it, But I still like the looks of it.
Boaty

Post by Boaty »

Speaking of flares...
how the heck does one obtain the flares? I was told that you could order them from Nismo, but then I found out that you couldn't do that..

Well, Are they fenders that you can buy, or do you actually have to custom-flare them yourself with some bondo/fiberglass and a few hours of elbow grease?

If I have a 510, I want a 2-door, since I plan on filling the back with a nice set of subs, and I don't want them in the trunk, I want to make some sort of custom apparatus in the back. Maybe some free-airs? No room.. time for a big friggin' box to replace the backseat when I don't need it. ;) I love being a teen,.. so many dreams... anyways......

The flares, can you buy them? Can you buy them for the rear as well?
Hmm.. -has to figure this out some day-
Steve Boatman
Grants Pass, OR
1971 510 2DR | KA24DE
wtf

Post by wtf »

Yes. You can buy them, You can also make your own. And trust me, It's alot more then "a few hours" heh.
68Datsun510

fenders

Post by 68Datsun510 »

thats what i wanted to do also, flare the fornts with FG fenders, my metal ones have rust holes in the bottoms

Blk68510, bitchin ride!