3 inch exhaust Pics wanted

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
heirfaus

3 inch exhaust Pics wanted

Post by heirfaus »

Anyone have pictures of how they're 3 inch exhaust is routed. I am trying to figure the best path under the main body, rear cross member, and axle area. If you have tips and picks please share.

Also I will not be able to use the Spin Tech muffler as I bought it for my NA motor and it is only 2.25 in and out
"An intercooler...has never been, nor should ever be, considered icing on the cake. A proper intercooler is more cake."
Corky Bell, Maximum Boost

"one of the little things that add up"
-defdes
bertvorgon
Supporter

RE: 3 inch exhaust Pics wanted

Post by bertvorgon »

When I get back from my bike ride, I will post up some pictures of my 3".
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Crevier

RE: 3 inch exhaust Pics wanted

Post by Crevier »

me too I need some picture
wilderb

Re: 3 inch exhaust Pics wanted

Post by wilderb »

I also need pictures of exhaust set ups I bought some 3" stainless bends that I want to use
heirfaus

Post by heirfaus »

Wow this thread is over a year old and no pics :cry:
"An intercooler...has never been, nor should ever be, considered icing on the cake. A proper intercooler is more cake."
Corky Bell, Maximum Boost

"one of the little things that add up"
-defdes
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

Just follow the stock path, tuck it as close as you can to the tranny tunnel, bend it up through the rear cross and then down under the left axle shaft. I can take some pics of mine if I go to the base hobby shop today and put it on the lift, I was planning to do a "once over" check today, but not sure if I will make it or if they are even open. you can see in my thread the pieces that I bought for mine, but I made a mistake and bought two straight pipes, only needed one, and two 90's would have been ideal, but i made it work.

This is not as easy as it looks though, the next time I will just take it to a muffler shop...half the time and price and I am sure it will look better than what I did.

be sure you make it at least three pieces, so you can take it apart to get the trans out or drive shaft....will make it easier in the long run. I used nice V-band clamps for this, no 3 bolt flanges anywhere. soooo much easier.
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

Yea, no one wants to show their hacked up weld jobs.....including myself!! :wink:
mesojdm

Post by mesojdm »

i managed to find a few hope it helps

bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

This my 3" down pipe and waste gate dump bypass.
Attachments
3" straight through.. I run no muffler
3" straight through.. I run no muffler
waste gate bellows, slip joint and bracket, with 3" dowm pipe from turbo
waste gate bellows, slip joint and bracket, with 3" dowm pipe from turbo
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
johnbureezu

Post by johnbureezu »

heres my ghetto arse sidepipe. At least its stainless. lol
http://easytunegarage.blogspot.com/
wilderb

Post by wilderb »

goichi1 wrote:Just follow the stock path, tuck it as close as you can to the tranny tunnel, bend it up through the rear cross and then down under the left axle shaft. I can take some pics of mine if I go to the base hobby shop today and put it on the lift, I was planning to do a "once over" check today, but not sure if I will make it or if they are even open. you can see in my thread the pieces that I bought for mine, but I made a mistake and bought two straight pipes, only needed one, and two 90's would have been ideal, but i made it work.

This is not as easy as it looks though, the next time I will just take it to a muffler shop...half the time and price and I am sure it will look better than what I did.

be sure you make it at least three pieces, so you can take it apart to get the trans out or drive shaft....will make it easier in the long run. I used nice V-band clamps for this, no 3 bolt flanges anywhere. soooo much easier.

I have 4 45's and 2 90's all 3" stainless only paid $60, I know that I will also need a straight piece, is this going to be enough?
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

yea. should be enough, if its a turbo manifold you should use a flex pipe too.....will keep your manifold from cracking....