RUN BEYOND HOPE '07

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
caesarDX

Post by caesarDX »

Have fun guys... Keith, I promise I will make one of these trips in the near future.
:wink: It sounds like too much fun for me to be missing.
1984 Renault R5 Turbo2 - L' Enfant Terrible
1989 BMW E30 M3 "God's Chariot"
2001 Renault Clio V6 Sport Phase 1
1999 Nissan Skyline R34 GTR V-Spec
510rob

Post by 510rob »

bertvorgon wrote:blah...technology, techsmology...just wait till that little transitor goes.......

"Hello, Andy...How long did you say it would take to get that SDS on my car?"
transistor?!? holy crap, what cave have you been hiding in for the last 20 years! Everything has gone light-wave powered, with solar-sonic laser beam hypersonic superconductors, all channeled into the Mr Fusion, running on banana peels, controlled by an I-phone, with Bluetooth, and GPS, and USB4.0.2b6, and it's not windows compatible - well it is, but it will give you grey hair or make you go bald trying to install the latest service pack without getting a virus. I suppose you still have one of those old Gen1 Vorgon anti-acceleration systems in your car too...
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

OK, I'm up for that test!
I'll have 'er topped right up as well, do a back to back.

Let me know eher you want to meet - Specialty again??
Or we can do 232/Hwy1 @ Chevron.
Name the time, I'll be there.

Speaking of back to back - new set of A032R - S being mounted as I write this, picking them up in 40 minutes - keeping the playing field level - and empty!! So looking forward to it!

Can't wait for the day. I'll be working on a cruise ship tomorrow again, be a long day. Hopfully I get some rest a head of time.

Tell mem Mr Turn 7 will be there.

See you all Sunday am,
Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Yes, let's meet at Specialty again, say 6;15 ish. I want to LEAVE the plant at 6:00 sharp. That gets us to Hope at 7:30 ish, so even if we leave at 8:00, we get to Manning at say 9:00. then we can decide if we do the Look Out. That can take an hour. That would still get us to Bromley Rock at Noon-ish, LUNCH and SUN!

Gordon called me, and I will phone him to let him know our schedule. Not sure if Jame's is coming.

I take it you keep running into Brent, that would be good if he came along to. I will see him at the race tommorrow. Matt's going to let me know by tonight if he is coming or not.

yah, the fuel test. I measured with beakers and flasks at work, the liters in both my little tank and the main tank (which I pumped dry). I measured out exactly what it took to fill both. So I will keep track of my extra 5 gallons that goes in, then pump the tank out and see what the difference is when I get back. Theoretically, if we did the 374 miles, and I got bare minimum 23 MPG, I should make it back on my carried fuel load. That does not include the drive up to the Look out. I will re-fill my 5 gallon with a measured amount at Princeton just in case, as I have to do that with my "super mix" anyhow. I was surprised that the main tank was under 10 gallons IMP. Anybody have the original spec? I do seem to remember, that it was 9.??? some gallons.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

I seem to think that the tank is supposed to be 45 litres Keith.
Jason
Rehs

Post by Rehs »

I always thought it was 40 litres.

So hey, after a couple of Mike's Hard drinks, under a hoist older than me, the ZX 5-speed is in... as Ray and I leave the shop at 3am... Woohoo!! Ray and I will meet you guys at Keith's shop.

BTW Jason, that crossmember worked awesome! Thanks Mang!
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

No problem Andrew, that thing is well worth the money isn't it? Makes the swaps go so much easier! See you Sunday.
Jason
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Morning World, glorious day in B.C..

I always thought that the tank was 9.9 gallons, or 45 litres. When I filled my tank, I got 9.7 gallons in. Now, the car maybe was not dead level, as it was on jack stands, so I could see a bit in one corner, away from my fuel well.

Gordon Blue will meet us at Specialty.

Off to a mountain bike race in Mission, the B.C. Provincial Championship, Matt is tied for second place, so it will be an interesting day.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
5teN
Site Admin

Post by 5teN »

I'll meet you guys at Keiths shop too!
Turn7

Post by Turn7 »

anybody have a shotgun seat open?...
Brent
Brent
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Brent Wilson is coming, but wanting to ride shotgun, as his 510 is not running yet. He can ride with me, as he has never been in my car. He and Rob can swap a round, for different types of power.

As this is a no holds barred, fuel milage shoot out, and I have the shorter gears, I will be drafting Jason in the wagon, most of the way! I figure I need to be 3" off Jason's bumper, for best draft, so Jason, can you put your hand up BEFORE you brake? Will NASCAR be checking our tanks?

Keith Law
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

268 Km's from where I'm about to fill up in a half hour to the Chevron in Princeton.....
That’s 167.5 miles, in case you're wondering....

See you at Specialty, Brent can take a turn riding shotgun with me to even it all out! I'll be running the SDS in closed loop, with the exception of the climb up out of Hope.

Man, those new tires feel great! I'm obviously saving on rolling resistance though:, about 1.5 inches of the outside of the rears are not touching the ground! I have to get my own camber/toe set up on the Bronze!!

See you all in the am,
Byron
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Don't forget this is a picnic trip, so either bring some snack/lunch food. or be prepared to buy something at the Chevron in Hope.

Oh yes, the climb out of Hope......WHOOOOSHHHHHHH......

Keith Law
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Yeah, whosh... and Berts gone!!!

Rich just called, he's going to try to pick us up at Prest Rd just east of the Wack; apparently there's a car show in Princeton right at the A&W tomorrow! (thanks Rich) Just thought you'd all like to know.
See you in the am.
Byron
Turn7

Post by Turn7 »

See you guys in the morning!...
Brent