Update Project KA24DET

View and post your 510 project(s)
Datsunkid-510-

Post by Datsunkid-510- »

Ive researched them for like a year and half ive thought about it.I actually bought a ka24de but then i decided sr was for me. I regret that decision. O well ill find another ka or even a vg. My car isnt ready for motor yet anyway. No worries the day will come when my car drives out of my driveway instead of being towed.......I just relized there arent any pics of my car on the realm, ehh not worth showing yet LOL......W00t for being the only two people online at 106 am arkitekz
arkitekz
Supporter

Post by arkitekz »

YEah 1:06am baby. thats a commitment! hahahahaha. well if you are willing to drive to LA i know someone that constantly pulling ka's. i got mine complete for 350.00. the only thing that was missing was the intake tube, MAF, and air box.
Datsunkid-510-

Post by Datsunkid-510- »

La isnt to bad. If your going turbo go with z32 maf anyway. Pm me more info im interested, my truck MIGHT make it to la.......
N_V_S

Post by N_V_S »

Datsunkid-510,

Where did you get the turbo manifold? The car looks great keep up the good work. :)
Datsunkid-510-

Post by Datsunkid-510- »

Well its been a while since i thought about ka-t's but there were two manifolds i thought would work. The ssautochrome manifold works ive seen them on 510's. Many people told me this manifold was garbage so i also thought about the jgs dohc log manifold. The problem with this manifold in the pictures it looked like it held the turbo at an angle that would hit the strut towers. Unfortunately i never tested it out, i sold the ka intead. If you can weld jgs sells an uncut turbo manifold so you can place the turbo where you want it.
datsun510

Post by datsun510 »

The manifold was built by Mario from TSR fab (310)323-6553. He also built the intercooler and radiator setup. He is also putting the new brake system together for the car as well as the exhaust system. Does great work.

Seth
N_V_S

Post by N_V_S »

datsun510 wrote:The manifold was built by Mario from TSR fab (310)323-6553. He also built the intercooler and radiator setup. He is also putting the new brake system together for the car as well as the exhaust system. Does great work.

Seth
How much did the intercooler and radiator setup cost from Mario? I have seen a lot dimes that Mario hooked-up and I understand you get what you pay for, however I wanted to know how much because I can never get any luck contacting him. :(
datsun510

Post by datsun510 »

The prices for Mario's parts are $1250 for the intercooler. The intercooler is built using a Garrett High Flow core with custom tanks and elbows that exit under the radiator. The radiator for a KA24DE is $650 and the twin spal fans with mounts are $300. I am real happy with the way they look and based on other people using them I am sure they will perform flawlessly.

Seth
P10

Post by P10 »

holy price quotes! 950 for a radiator/electric fan setup seems a bit much, of course I'm using a two core Kayo with Flex-lite fans from summit, cut to fit. And there are plans to make that manifold on ka-t.org pretty cheap, i havent really bothered 'cuz most people havent noticed much difference hp wise. I will admit it looks sick tho, as close as us KA people will come to the multiple SR manifolds out there.
zootowndime

Post by zootowndime »

Yeah i agree, mario is a good fabricator but those prices are a little steep. I know for a fact you can easily find a radiator/fan setup for half that price that will perform just as good, as i am sure your not trying to cool a 1000hp monster. And they better perform flawlessly for that price in 140 degree arizona heat.
Alex King
www.brewedmotors.com
N_V_S

Post by N_V_S »

datsun510 wrote:The prices for Mario's parts are $1250 for the intercooler. The intercooler is built using a Garrett High Flow core with custom tanks and elbows that exit under the radiator. The radiator for a KA24DE is $650 and the twin spal fans with mounts are $300. I am real happy with the way they look and based on other people using them I am sure they will perform flawlessly.

Seth
I guess you get what you pay for....... Boy do I need to save up some $$$$$!!!!!
clean71

Post by clean71 »

nice setup......
1971 PL510 4DOOR AUTO
1969 PL510 WAGON 4SPD
1969 PL510 2DR 4SPD
OrangePeel

Post by OrangePeel »

Hey im doing a KA24de swap into my 1971 510 coupe and i was wondering if anybody knows what length to shorten up the driveshaft to
OrangePeel

Post by OrangePeel »

Hey im doing a KA24de swap into my 1971 510 coupe and i was wondering if anybody knows what length to shorten up the driveshaft to
N_V_S

Post by N_V_S »

datsun510,

How much was the turbo manifold? It looks so sick!!!!! Also, sorry for all the questions but does your fabricator sell the custom billet alum WP pulley (red in the picture)? If so how much and for my last question what intake manifold are you using?