Where did the goon go,wheres the beer,Mama nature givin us?

General Discussion about the 510 Club of BC
510Freak
Supporter

Re: Where did the goon go,wheres the beer,Mama nature givin

Post by 510Freak »

datzenmike wrote:Yeah Jessie sent me up missing parts for my 710 when I sent her an auto flex plate. She threw in a 510 for me 'just because'. Sweet girl and good kid.

She is too. 8)
I got the yellow 510s from her and Kelly.(still yet to find any in BC)looked in just about the whole province last week :lol:
510Freak
Supporter

Post by 510Freak »

jason wrote:Started snowing in Richmond yesterday morning about 11 am. Drove out to North Van, came home about 5 and out to New West, back home by 12. Wow it was slow going, lots of sliders around! Must be a good 4-5 inches of the stuff out there this morning!
The driving habits(for better words) of some on the mainland is too funny,Coming through Hope on Thursday , there was a roll over,and the domino effect was funny(6 or 7 vehicles all over the place),No one was injured just carnage.
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

Cripes Lou, I'm not going to rant this morning, too nice out other than having to go out and shovel the driveway! The carnage out there was kinda funny though, how'n the heck do you slide 100 feet off a flat 4 lane road that has a 50km speed limit and lose your car into the ditch!
Jason
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Easy you drive 15 k over and believe what the car and tire makers say about handling on slippery roads. Hey, the wheel sensor equipped, pro active computer controlled dynamic attenuated suspension and accident avoidance AI fuzzy logic option came with heated seats... so I got it because I hate a cold ass.

The speed limit is for ideal conditions of light/visibility and weather/road conditions and driver awareness. Sure you can go faster because the majority of the time nothing happens.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

OK, I just finished shovelling the driveway and walk. It better not snow anymore!
Jason
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

No snow here. light fluff is all. Nanaimo got it and east ?
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

Raining here now Mike, looks like we won't get any more on the flatlands until at least Tuesday!
Jason
jamesberkey

Post by jamesberkey »

snowed 4 inches the literally got rained away in less then 24 hours
It's more then a hobby, it's a lifestyle
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

We worked down near Horn Lake and got snowed out at noon. Just fluffy flurries and couldn't see to work. Fine at home.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Horn Lake...that is one cave system I have not done. Matt did it a year or so ago. I always seemed to be heading by there, to Mom and Dad's...then I would go through the caves at the North end of the Island.

I'll have to see if I can find my pictures of us in Resonance Cave.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

There's Upana caves toward Tahasis from Gold River too.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Yup, been there many, many times, have full blown video in there. They filmed Huckelberry Finn/Tom Sawyer in those ones.

We did those on day trips when we camped at Buttle Lake every summer. The ones in Gold River, the cave guys keep top secret, as they are big and dangerous.

The ones at the North end are slowling fading off the maps, as the roads are hard to find now, and unless you have a guide, you will never find them. My dad helped with the early mapping, when they were first found by his logging guys. I have the maps here, and made my own notes to find them. The entrance to one is on the side of a cliff, that you have to hike down to, to get into. Pretty cool stuff. It is a giant worm hole that just drops, and drops, covered with all the types of cave formations.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Everything the radio has said about the weather this year has been the opposite. Totally wrong!!! So this evening 110k winds expected, rain.

Yeah it's been gently wet snowing and quiet. Go figure.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Gentle breeze here in White Rock so far ( 6:10 ), I usually get hammered when the winds come out of the south east, so they have not swung around yet, which is jusy fine with me. I sear my furnace never shuts off in this ole' place, when the winds are up.

It's our bike ride night tonight, so, I hope the wind dies down by 7:00 tonight.

Keith Law
jamesberkey

Post by jamesberkey »

ferries are not running. My roommate is trying to come back over (from nanaimo) and can't and my friend who was here for he week is trying to go back to nanaimo.
It's more then a hobby, it's a lifestyle