Datsun 510 ... 4x4?

General & Technical discussion about other Nissan/Datsun cars
D510

Post by D510 »

///FiveOneOh wrote:once agian.. the wagon has no frame. as soon your try put it ona frame it will be ubber high.
no i ment that we'd have the truck frame, cut out the wagon shell were the frame is and weld in brasing and make it all custem. when im 40 and i've built it i'll show you what i mean.
///FiveOneOh

Post by ///FiveOneOh »

and haev a frame runing between your legs and through the pedals?
turbo510sss

4x4 5ten

Post by turbo510sss »

seen it done beofre i guy put it on a chevy s10 4x4 frame with a set of 35 inch tires it looked sick i will have to find the pic i thini its on my other computer but it has been done.
ajen68510

Post by ajen68510 »

could'nt you go with Subaru front diff and running gear. I understand Older Subaru's chare parts with Datsun / Nissan's. The front end would have to fabbed to fit. but it wouls give you a stock platform , without having to put a big honkin frame under the body.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

How many parts?? I know the diff is the same........
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
ajen68510

Post by ajen68510 »

Byron510 wrote:How many parts?? I know the diff is the same........
Like i say, there still would be fabbing involved for front end. I am only speculating. It just seems like a cleaner way to do it with a Unibody car. I know the old Subaru Brat was used on some 240z's i have seen down in the States. They were quite nicely done, they had a little more ride height like a Ralley car. But not like a Monster !
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

The only drawback with the subie motor in a 510 would be that the 510 doesn't have enough over hang forward of the centerline of the front wheels to house the motor. On a subie, the entire engine, rad, and clutch sit ahead of the centerline of the front wheels. Ever notice all subies have kind of long front ends some how masked with artsy bumpers?? It's be cool if some one did proven me wrong though - I'll stick with the Sunny GTi-R or Mazda 323 GTX swap as an easier alternative (figuratively speaking that is!!).
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
ajen68510

Post by ajen68510 »

Byron510 wrote:The only drawback with the subie motor in a 510 would be that the 510 doesn't have enough over hang forward of the centerline of the front wheels to house the motor. On a subie, the entire engine, rad, and clutch sit ahead of the centerline of the front wheels. Ever notice all subies have kind of long front ends some how masked with artsy bumpers?? It's be cool if some one did proven me wrong though - I'll stick with the Sunny GTi-R or Mazda 323 GTX swap as an easier alternative (figuratively speaking that is!!).
Hahaha, figuratively is right ! Interesting concept tho