Caught being stupid....

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
5teN
Site Admin

Caught being stupid....

Post by 5teN »

So...after school today I went and got my 510 back from being repainted...
I hadn't driven it for awhile so I was having some fun. Anyways I made it home no problems.

I just drove my girlfriend home and after dropping her off I went for a little drive. It became a VERY short drive when I decided to do a donut in a parking lot (it was a bit damp out...so it wasnt like effort was needed)...As i'm coming around about 270 degrees I see a car just pulling in the lot from around a corner. Well it was a cop. As I continue on the non-stopable rest of my spin and then stop I pull into a parking stall as the cop turns on his lights and comes over to me.

I'm thinking oh *$)#. I just got my car from the shop. It has no bumpers, no windows, no wipers, no license plate light (on bumper), no sidemarker lights, no side mirror's and no New driver thing (that thing is gone next week!). I'm getting nervous at this point.

He walks over to the car and starts talking. "who owns this car", "license please". "New driver...wheres the N..." And it goes on...

Crap crap crap.

Well... to my amazment he said don't do stupid things, especially infront of cops. Go home.
And just before he gets in his car he said "Oh, cool car". What a cool, perhaps understanding police officer.

Wow....Do I ever feel stupid and really lucky.
shorty

Post by shorty »

Smooooooth.
68Datsun510

Post by 68Datsun510 »

coulda turned out bad, u got lucky

i dont even try things here in El Dorado county, the cops will tailgate you to try and make you do something stupid so they can pull you over

we have baddies here
Sacramento Datsun Owners
~Visit Sacramento Datsun Owners on Facebook!
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Spencer... you know, I just don't get it. Man you are lucky. The cop must have liked you or something. I've got tickets just for being on the road - most cops are just looking for something to give me a ticket! Here you were caught red handed, in a car with lots of violations and...... nothing!!
Bought any lotto tickets today??
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
supersportsedan
Supporter

Post by supersportsedan »

Delta Cops are pretty cool guys. Usually you're only gonna get a ticket from a traffic cop. If it's just a guy on patrol, and you're not giving him attitude, they will just give you a verbal warning. Do you remember the cop's name?
5teN
Site Admin

Post by 5teN »

supersportsedan wrote:Delta Cops are pretty cool guys. Usually you're only gonna get a ticket from a traffic cop. If it's just a guy on patrol, and you're not giving him attitude, they will just give you a verbal warning. Do you remember the cop's name?
No I didnt catch the name. He had British accent though!
D510

Post by D510 »

holy cow! you lucky Basterd! i wish all cops were like that.
-1988 Red Jaguar Solvereign, Cold Airintake, Exhaust, Tint, Alpine Sound System.
-1972 Black 2dr Datsun 510, slammed with Built L20B
68Datsun510

Post by 68Datsun510 »

just out of curiosity, do many people have a brit accent up there? my friends dad is originally from BC and he sounds like a true brit
Sacramento Datsun Owners
~Visit Sacramento Datsun Owners on Facebook!
10K_plus

Post by 10K_plus »

There are so many accents from a tonn of people up here. It's really multicultural here in Van.
Boaty

Post by Boaty »

Hehe, I can tell - all the vids I've heard from you guys up there are all british-sounding. That's a Yank's opinion, tho.

Hehe, yeah, I put out a hell of a burnout one time, right infront of a cop. He came up, asked the questions, etc etc etc. Then he laughed and said "Man don't worry 'bout it. Just don't let me catch ya doing it again. Consider this your warning."

MEH, no insurance, no license (just a permit) and a guy riding with me under 21 (permit = must have over 21 year old pass.)

It was sweet. Makes me wanna do it again.
Time for Coffee..
Steve Boatman
Grants Pass, OR
1971 510 2DR | KA24DE
bigbadblum

Post by bigbadblum »

round here it depends on the time a month on how cool cops are. i got caught doin 70 in a school zone on july 3rd and the cop was all like man weres the fire and then he let me go, yet later that month about on the 27th i got a ticket for pulling out of my driveway with no seatbelt on. the judge told me its because they have to meet quota, they have to give a certain amount of tickets each month, so by the end of the month if there down on there quota they will give you a ticket for fartin at a stop sign as long as they make there fuckin quota. sorry bout the foul language.
Boaty

Post by Boaty »

Hey man I know what you mean. But from what I understand here in Oregon, they've abolished the whole quota bullcrap. Oh yeah, and judges can't downgrade tickets anymore. No more $20 speeding tickets. Try $120. Damn.
Steve Boatman
Grants Pass, OR
1971 510 2DR | KA24DE
THE_BORG

Post by THE_BORG »

I have met that cop with the british acc. hes a cool guy. He also busted me doing something I shouldnt have been doing out there in tawassen.
72 2 door
69 4 door/rust...sold
85 Corolla GTS.....pending repair
Boaty

Post by Boaty »

Haha. Bunch of Redneck Illegals. LMAO. Mind if I move in with y'all?
Steve Boatman
Grants Pass, OR
1971 510 2DR | KA24DE
WagonMaster

Post by WagonMaster »

it was probably redhead's dad, he's usually cool with ish like that, he's got an accent too, good guy