New member, she's been collecting dust....

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
Nora_the_dime

New member, she's been collecting dust....

Post by Nora_the_dime »

My 71' 510 has been sitting since 2014. Purchased in 2013 running in great shape with a dual S/U L20 and a 5spd dogleg trans. I had an issue on a local datsun club trip and ended up having to pull the L20 out and search for a new powerplant. Picked up a KA24DE with a S30 trans and I've been making slow progress ever since. I've had too much on my hands and only recently found time to really focus effort on it. I'll be here frequently searching for solutions to my build hurtles.

So far I've converted the fuel tank for a sender, mocked up engine / trans with fabricated mounts, shortened driveline, fabricated stainless intake tube, converted to 3 pulleys, modified and mounted aluminum 3 core rad.

Just need to figure out exhaust (I have most of it I think), parking brake, wiring, guages, need clutch slave cylinder, a few other odds and ends...

Don't be a stranger. I love datsuns and if anyone in the area needs help fabricating things I have a plethora of knowledge and experience in welding and fabrication.

Looking forward to more datsun adventures.
71' 510 "Nora"