2022 Drives - Run beyond Hope

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: 2022 Drives - Run beyond Hope

Post by bertvorgon »

Great to have you along!

Alveen is 50/50 at the moment as he tries to get his car ready. I phoned Jon at the last minute so maybe to late to plan.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Jon can't make it, broke power train on his car and Paul is busy for this weekend.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

I am going to be out. My laborer that has been getting a lift to site has covid so I have to test before I can do anything.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

DAMN eh..bloody Covid still here, has hit some people close to our families too. I got my 4th booster 3 weeks ago as I am in the immuno-compromised section of society.

At the rate this is going...I will be the only one heading to a picnic......

Byron had a bit of work to do on his 510.

Keith Law
RONSLYCHUK
Supporter

Post by RONSLYCHUK »

Hey Keith, I sent you a pm. I don’t do well in the heat so I have to pass on the drive. Maybe there will be a better turnout in September or October.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Hey Ron,

Have not seen it but I get the heat thing! At one point yesterday at Mission it was really tough in that 40C heat. Even Andy did not do the least session, I tip my hat to him for doing what they did.

That I worked in those temps for my 48 years in the precious metals business, still amazes me I survived that, but, to actually work in that now I could not do.

Keith Law
butters68
Supporter

Post by butters68 »

hey Keith, i'm in for a drive man.
ding ding dong dong all night long long.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

I did get the brake master cylinder change done last night. But it was too late in the evening to wake up the neighbourhood and go for a test drive, so I’ll do that after work today. New tires also mounted yesterday, thanks Keith :-). I just have to change the wheels and tires on the car now.
All going well on the test drive, my daughter and I are ready to go for tomorrows drive.
Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
CP

Post by CP »

I am still in as well.

Cliff
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Morning World!

It was a bit cooler in White Rock yesterday, nice ocean breeze.

I figured out and achieved getting my music out of iTunes and into my old tablet, so I have some road music!

So far we have:

Keith
Byron & Daughter
Mike
Cliff
maybe Alveen.

It it some record temps yesterday in Lytton, we should be early enough to miss the peak temp, at least on the way up.

See you all at the Hope Chevron, I will be there around 8;30 traffic willing. I am going to cross at Agassiz and miss any pipeline construction.

Keith Law
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

Byron510 wrote: 29 Jul 2022 06:07 I did get the brake master cylinder change done last night. But it was too late in the evening to wake up the neighbourhood and go for a test drive, so I’ll do that after work today. New tires also mounted yesterday, thanks Keith :-). I just have to change the wheels and tires on the car now.
All going well on the test drive, my daughter and I are ready to go for tomorrows drive.
Byron
Did you get the A052s I got for keith?I can't hang around with anyone so I went for a drive by myself this morning. Make sure there is nothing loose laving around the car. The cornering force those things generate in my car is amazing. They are well worth the money.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
CP

Post by CP »

Keith,

PM'd you my cell phone number if you need to touch base during the drive.

Cliff
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Yes he did, I thought why let the tires sit in my basement for a year! Gave him a bit of a break.

Glad to hear they work well, I am so disappointed still!

I went to fuel up the G35 today and my local Chevron must have been having some issue???? as they sold 94 octane for the same as regular. Thought I would give the car a treat considering the heat and not have timing pulled out on 91...Bonus round!

Got the PM Cliff, thanks.

Keith Law
Alveen240/610

Post by Alveen240/610 »

Today 2pm I realised Wescan gave me a wrong alternator for my corolla.Now my core is gone also in exchange.Well thers another ceased alternator in my other rola which is buried under all my parts.Cnt even see the car. I gotta start digging now.Had it out finally n covered in spider web by 4pm. Rushed to the alternator rebuild guy on king George hwy n 90ave.He got it fully done by 830pm.Now 930pm heading bk to my shop n crossing my fingers if my voltage regulator is good.
Gotta hve to change both rear tires from RIKENs 195x55r15 to aftermarket 245x40r17s.
Plus my leaky carburetor dripping right beside my starter. I gotta change that also.
Hopefully I'll mke it...not sure yet still. If not then u guys enjoy n hve a safe run.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Got the car out for a test drive on the A520 street tires. Glad to report that replacing the rear 7/8” BMC for a 3/4 BMC, I have:
- better brake modulation
- better overall pedal feel
- full range of bias adjustment F/R
- I can verify that you can fully interchange a Tilton 75 series MC for a Wilwood compact series MC one for one.

With everything good on the street tires on the test drive, I returned home and put on the brand new A052’s.
Holy shit do those things stick! I simply haven’t had a chance to carve up a good twisty road, but after placing a fair amount more front bias due to the significant increase in weight transfer to the front axle, the braking is absolutely unbelievable! I stopped by to see a friend tonight and just did a brake test from mayby 40 miles an hour. He joked that I’d bruised his chest due to hitting the seat belt so hard. Maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but clearly the ‘stick’ is phenomenal.
Anyways, returned home. Did a hot valve adjustment and packed a picnic lunch for my daughter and I. We’ll push out of Maple Ridge around 7:30, taking the Lougheed out to Hope. I’ll see you just before 9 at the Hope Chevron.
Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.