MAJOR NEWS COMING!

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
bertvorgon
Supporter

MAJOR NEWS COMING!

Post by bertvorgon »

Some Major News coming soon.

As some of you know, I am a member of the S.E.T.I Group, that scans space for intelligent life, and, also belong to a non professional community called: 24/7CRG, where we use our combined computing power to also scan radio and other signals coming from the far reaches of space. This goes on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. My poor computer is not much help but the combined power is quite staggering in the ability to scan data. And it's fun!

You never know what is coming, as on Mar 11, 2022, with only 2 hours notice, and asteroid was discovered heading right towards earth, not much notice to say the least. It was a fridge sized asteroid that fortunately came in over the Norwegian Sea, posing no hazard. It was called EB5.

http://www.sci-news.com/space/asteroid- ... 10624.html

Something was picked up 2 days ago, which will be a major news event! NASA, and The Center for Near Earth Object Studies ( CNEOS) has given us permission to release the news 3 minutes before the major announcement, too cool!

Apparently, as the event is so far away, the “data packets” are taking some time to put together and collate. I still am not up to speed in “geek speak” but I guess it is taking a LOT of computing power to put it together. We have no idea quite yet, but, the impact of the news is supposed to be quite amazing!!!!

Stay tuned.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
510rob

Re: MAJOR NEWS COMING!

Post by 510rob »

oh boy, maybe it is going to be like the movie "don't look up"
Heinrich

Post by Heinrich »

510rob wrote: 30 Mar 2022 23:37 oh boy, maybe it is going to be like the movie "don't look up"
1st thing that came to mind for me as well!!
Progress is slow, but it is progress non the less.
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

well you know The last time that the Sun was in its current position in space around the Milky Way, dinosaurs ruled the Earth... and they all perished a short time later.
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
MikeY

Post by MikeY »

Is the shit show really about to happen.
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

bertvorgon wrote: 30 Mar 2022 16:53 We have no idea quite yet, but, the impact of the news is supposed to be quite amazing!!!!

Stay tuned.
Never say impact.

"Just imagine how stupid the average person is........ now realize that half the population is even worse!!! If news can be taken the wrong way... it will. Hell the alphabet soup 'news' media can't even get shit right. Lemmings will be jumping off cliffs.

Is it an interstellar colony ship full of prawns????

Is it a wandering planet accidentally thrown out of it's star system? (there goes the neighborhood)

Are we in for more anal probing?

Will it be a Tunguska event over Ukraine that sets off WW3?
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
510rob

Post by 510rob »

might be this...
https://cneos.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news208.html wrote:

Updated Calculations Refine the Impact Probability for (29075) 1950 DA

Mar 29, 2022 • Center for NEO Studies (CNEOS)

(29075) 1950 DA is a kilometer-sized asteroid that will make a close approach to Earth in 2880 and, because of the corresponding impact probability and size, has ranked at the top of the Sentry risk list since 2014. The Yarkovsky effect plays an important role in assessing the impact risk and in the past has called for significant manual intervention to compute the impact probability. The recently released Sentry-II system enables the automatic processing of cases where the Yarkovsky effect is significant, including 1950 DA. We therefore updated the 1950 DA hazard assessment using the new system. Compared to the previous assessment, the new results are based on an observation arc extended by six years, more recent debiasing and weighting schemes for astrometric data, and JPL’s DE441 planetary ephemeris. The impact probability for this new analysis decreases from 1.2e-4 (one in 8,000) to 2.9e-05 (one in 30,000) and the Palermo scale decreases from -1.4 to -2.0.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

NEWS RELEASE:

Most I’m sure are aware that Elon Musk fired that 2008 Tesla into space with a “dummy” in a space suite, now called STARMAN.

At this point he has completed almost 2 orbits of the sun, having traveled some 234,366,378 miles, now travelling away from earth again at some 16,000 MPH+, heading towards Mars.

In the glove box is a copy of THE HITCH HIKERS GUIDE TO THE GALAXY, one of my favorite books and movies.

We finally received all the data from NASA’s super computer.

On the dash of the Tesla was a camera transmitting back to earth, when it was totally disrupted for a micro second. As it took 20 light minutes to get back to earth, it took time to put the “packets” of data back together and then be analyzed as to what happened.

It seems there was a massive impact, detaching the camera and causing it to spin at an incredible rate, thus the time it took for the computers to slow the video down, to see what the images showed.

NASA went quiet for a few days and we heard they brought in linguists from all over the world, to analyze what was seen. WHY??

As the video was slowed down, in relative terms, it appears STARMAN had a head on collision with another craft, traveling at an estimated 45,000 MPH. The devastation was total, other than the camera spinning at some 2,000 RPM. Then as the video was slowed even more, the apparent back panel of the oncoming craft had markings on it, which caused the linguists and then ultimately some EPIGRAPHISTS to come to a stunning conclusion.

It appears the symbols were close to Egyptian hieroglyphics, but one stood out the most……

It would equate with our letter…….N….!

Some THING was not paying attention.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
JasonLee
Supporter

Post by JasonLee »

Why does this suddenly have an April Fools Day vibe to it?
Jason
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

bertvorgon wrote: 01 Apr 2022 02:01
It appears the symbols were close to Egyptian hieroglyphics, but one stood out the most……

Turn you monitor on it's side. It's a Z
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Now that is funny..and tragically sad at the same time....

Keith Law
gooned

Post by gooned »

Wow, lots going on here.

So 1950 hit Starman in a Z...ok.
KiKiIchiBan
Supporter

Post by KiKiIchiBan »

bertvorgon wrote: 01 Apr 2022 02:01 NEWS RELEASE:

Most I’m sure are aware that Elon Musk fired that 2008 Tesla into space with a “dummy” in a space suite, now called STARMAN.

At this point he has completed almost 2 orbits of the sun, having traveled some 234,366,378 miles, now travelling away from earth again at some 16,000 MPH+, heading towards Mars.

In the glove box is a copy of THE HITCH HIKERS GUIDE TO THE GALAXY, one of my favorite books and movies.

We finally received all the data from NASA’s super computer.

On the dash of the Tesla was a camera transmitting back to earth, when it was totally disrupted for a micro second. As it took 20 light minutes to get back to earth, it took time to put the “packets” of data back together and then be analyzed as to what happened.

It seems there was a massive impact, detaching the camera and causing it to spin at an incredible rate, thus the time it took for the computers to slow the video down, to see what the images showed.

NASA went quiet for a few days and we heard they brought in linguists from all over the world, to analyze what was seen. WHY??

As the video was slowed down, in relative terms, it appears STARMAN had a head on collision with another craft, traveling at an estimated 45,000 MPH. The devastation was total, other than the camera spinning at some 2,000 RPM. Then as the video was slowed even more, the apparent back panel of the oncoming craft had markings on it, which caused the linguists and then ultimately some EPIGRAPHISTS to come to a stunning conclusion.

Some THING was not paying attention.
10/10 :D
My P510 Bluebird SSS Coupe www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?t=26929

https://www.instagram.com/kikiichiban/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBP1x8z2IBvfs-MQH2Gc73Q/featured
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Thanks...I hope I did not cause anyone concern! I had NO idea that that movie "DON'T LOOK UP existed.

It was not till Rob posted that name did I look, and the other night watched it on Netflix.

Wow..SUMS up our World doesn't it! Nough' said!

Keith Law
510rob

Post by 510rob »

That is a great movie.