CHRISTMAS 2021

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
bertvorgon
Supporter

CHRISTMAS 2021

Post by bertvorgon »

Wow...no Christmas wishes yet..maybe that speaks to the insanity we have all had to deal with one way or another.

Merry Christmas and a good, restful and Peaceful Holiday to all on this forum!

For me personally, this was a hell of a year both trying to navigate the Covid stuff, family related health issues and losing a few friends to the scourge of cancer. NEVER miss a moment to connect with family and friends, they can be gone in a heart beat.

We all must be thankful that for the most of us, we are healthy, have funds in the bank and nobody is shooting at us or living in a refugee camp.

All the best in the New Year, lets hope our highway corridors get repaired and maybe our first trip into the Hinterland could be a drive to Lillooet for lunch.

Keith Law
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
ostaylor
Supporter

Re: CHRISTMAS 2021

Post by ostaylor »

Well, now there's at least one Christmas wish here!

I have been very thankful for the 510 Realm as I have navigated my projects. Such a great resource and helpful community. I got my 72 510 out for a good run today. It's nice having one running and one major project in front of me!

Thanks all - Merry Christmas, happy holidays, enjoy the quiet time and looking forward to more time in the garage in 2022!
Regards,
Owen
70 Datsun 510 2 door - SR20DET - https://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?t=34572
64 Studebaker Daytona - Supercharged 289 4 speed
65 Sunbeam Tiger MkI
gooned

Post by gooned »

No ongoing 510 project for me but enjoy keeping up with all that goes on in here.

Happy Holidays to you & yours!
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Thanks Keith for being of that age that you say Merry Christmas and not the weak ass, politically correct, mustn't upset the minorities, WOKE BS : Season's Greetings. Say it loud!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Yes this past year has worn my tolerance to the bone. Well, maybe also the 4" of snow last night and power out from 4:30 till 1:00 PM!!!!! Had to shovel out the Bar-B-Q to boil coffee. Tree is still set up from last year lol. Presents for me and my dear wife. House is warm and at 8, Scrooge with Alister Sims is on. Nothing says X-mass eve like watching this old B&W movie. Or shooting your eye out kid. Get the popcorn.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

CHRISTMAS STORY...THE BEST CHRISTMAS MOVIE..NEXT TO ALASTAIR OF COURSE. Watching that now too!

I truly lived the Christmas story, in Winnipeg, where I was born. My dad fought the coal furnace like Darren McGavin. Going for a tree was just like that, big lots with tons of trees, not like the Home Depot disasters this year.

Grover Dill and his toadie, Scut Farkus, I had to finally deal with, using a snow shovel.

What most do not know, trivia here, is the movie Christmas Story is an amalgamation of short stories by Jean Shepard, American humorist. The book drawn from was called "Wanda Hickeys Night of Golden Memories", even the Bumpus Hounds have a full section in there. I discovered the book in 1971 and remember reading some Jean Shepherd, in I think Playboy.

Think "FRAGILE"........Think Red Ryder BB gun

That's great Mike, I so agree, I grew up saying MERRY CHRISTMAS and I will die saying that.

Cold here, -1 C at the moment in White Rock, just got back from dropping my sister-in-law off after sharing dinner with us. Going to be icy tonight and I bet lots of 4 x 4's fall off the roads.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
KiKiIchiBan
Supporter

Post by KiKiIchiBan »

Merry Christmas all!
My P510 Bluebird SSS Coupe www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?t=26929

https://www.instagram.com/kikiichiban/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBP1x8z2IBvfs-MQH2Gc73Q/featured
510rob

Post by 510rob »

Bah humbug, you lecherous scourge! No lumps of coal, and don't be a minute late!
Attachments
Alastair Sim Christmas.jpg
Alastair Sim Christmas.jpg (67.37 KiB) Viewed 1497 times
510rob

Post by 510rob »

Merry Christmas to all! I woke this morning, and I answered as well as sent Merry Christmas messages to many people, people who had already woke or were soon to be woke. Being woke is better than being asleep, particularly on a day like Christmas! What better day exists to be woke and merry!

The Alastair Sim version of Christmas Carol has been played in my house every year since before I was a twinkle. I made my girlfriend watch it last year, she said 'that is almost a horror movie!', but she like horror movies so I suppose that means she thinks it is good?

We watched Christmas Story last night. I hated that movie as a kid. I love that movie as an adult.

Jason, your Colt uses a 510 engine and transmission and upper fender bits so that is close enough to being 510ey.
gooned

Post by gooned »

House full today, missed my bro though, very fortunate to have family dinner again.

Our movie tradition since I don’t know when is Polar Express, and morning stockings full of simple goodies for the kids, and LEGO advent, and...well it’s nice to have traditions.

Looking forward to making it to an event or hosting a bbq this year, keep in touch with the local group.
KiKiIchiBan
Supporter

Post by KiKiIchiBan »

Boxing Day football with friends and family and our team winning is the icing on the cake. Now back home, off work until 4th spending it with my own little family. Tons of work to do around the house but taking it easy, might need to try walk off or cycle off some of the extra lbs I've taken in over the past week
My P510 Bluebird SSS Coupe www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?t=26929

https://www.instagram.com/kikiichiban/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBP1x8z2IBvfs-MQH2Gc73Q/featured
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Cats hunting each other in the gift wrappings and ribbons and boxes. A tradition. Chocolates seemingly everywhere among the cards. Smells from the kitchen and windows fogging up. Snow on the branches outside. Feet overly warm from new slippers and a new sweater not broken in yet, and coffeed out on the couch. Fewer old friends calling but more and more grand kids from farther away than I could imagine when I was their age, but totally normal for them. Gifts given and received. Stockings, once stuffed, hanging limp and empty.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

At least there are 5 of us that took the time to say Merry Christmas......

AND....HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Love your memories Mike..they are mine too.

I do hope we can all have a "happy" new year, as we start to enter 3rd year of this insanity.

Be well all!

Keith Law
gooned

Post by gooned »

Didn’t see a new thread for this year so here it goes…

Merry Christmas Dimers!

Hope everyone has a great day 🎄🎅🏻
Colbino

Post by Colbino »

Merry Christmas everyone!

Lets see if we can get some more posts going for next year.
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Usually I'm more passive but this year very active in Christmas. Got my shopping done in the fall, wrapped things while my wife was at work. Made a small round table out of pre enjoyed boards from a neighbor's renovation, picking the roughest ones for a 'look'. Used no nails only wood dowels and glue. It's for our new fire pit in the back yard and intended to be used and abused.

Our stockings were slowly stuffed over the last month and presents gradually collecting on the floor. Cards sent out to kids/grand kids. So yes I'm very ready for Christmas this year. The day will be busy phoning and e mailing old friends and kids.