CHRISTMAS 2020

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
bertvorgon
Supporter

CHRISTMAS 2020

Post by bertvorgon »

Morning World!

With only 2 days to go to the big day, I thought it would be a good time to wish everyone......well... I used to say Merry Christmas, but, with all we have to deal with this year, I just hope everyone can have as good and safe a time as possible.

As a family this year, we have been separated due to this Covid nightmare, having a very different Christmas than in the past. I'm sure for a lot of you it will be the same.

I look forward to a New Year but am under no pretenses that much will change till well into 2021. Even at my age I do not see myself getting a vaccine until summer or beyond, we will see.

All the best to Everyone out there, lets get some good miles under our belts this coming driving season! Thanks to all that came out for our 2 long drives last summer.

Be well, be safe...and have some fun!
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
RONSLYCHUK
Supporter

Re: CHRISTMAS 2020

Post by RONSLYCHUK »

Merry Christmas Keith,and everyone else on the Realm!
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Indeed have a merry Christmas everyone. Just remember what that great soulless ginger philosopher Alfred E. Newman said.....
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
CP

Post by CP »

Merry Christmas Keith, et al. Looking forward to some random gatherings in the New Year.
gooned

Post by gooned »

Happy Holidays and all the best in the New Year (we need it!)

Cheers
KiKiIchiBan
Supporter

Post by KiKiIchiBan »

Happy holidays all
My P510 Bluebird SSS Coupe www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?t=26929

https://www.instagram.com/kikiichiban/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBP1x8z2IBvfs-MQH2Gc73Q/featured
Chadsinto510s

Post by Chadsinto510s »

Merry Christmas all!!
---Yeah, I said what I said.
510rob

Post by 510rob »

In keeping with the core theme of our website - a small (almost-antique) Japanese car we all love tinkering with so much, as well as all of the good people whom do all of that tinkering and opining on the various associated subjects - I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. It has been a rough year for many people and the people are the part that matters the most; be kind to those around you because you never know the backstory.

Out of curiosity, I looked up Christmas traditions in Japan. Although there are few Christians in Japan, some of the typical parts of the 'Christmas' season have been adopted and morphed into a great and unique Japanese take of Christmas. Christmas Lights, Santa Figures, A Disney Christmas Parade in Tokyo, etc. A few of the uniquely Japanese traditions are kind of fascinating. The popular Christmas cake in Japan seems to be strawberry shortcake, and one of the most popular Christmas meals is... ...KFC?!? AWESOME!!! I could certainly get into a Christmas season dinner of KFC followed by some strawberry shortcake. I'm more of a turkey traditionalist, but I haven't had KFC in a long time so the idea seems kind of fascinating. Plus, it is a hell of a lot less work than making the entire turkey dinner. Hahaha.

...on that note, happy Christmas strawberry shortcake and KFC day!
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

That’s awesome Rob.
Merry Christmas everyone. For my family, it’s not been a good year, we’ve lost two direct family members on my wife’s side, her brother last month and step father in August.
But we soldier on, and I feel we still have lots to be thankful for. This community is one of them. There have been so many here that continually give without expecting anything in return. And the stories and thoughts shared over our beloved little cars - truly it’s a great thing.
As I write this, it’s still early and the mayhem that is Christmas morning is not quite under way, but it will be very quickly. I will be starting my turkey dinner, and as soon as the pound of butter hits the frying pan and in goes the onions to start the stuffing, the house will be filled with ever changing aromas that I hold closest - the turkey dinner is my favourite part of Christmas. Years ago, Rob asked me why I made turkey dinner and bought cranberry sauce in a can (trust me I still love the stuff in a can). So since I learned from him all this years ago that it’s the simplest thing to make on it’s own, a few years ago I spiced it up by adding jalapeños. I made this again yesterday, and since it’s just my wife and kids this year, I made it a good 5 alarm cranberry sauce! And along with the plum pudding sauce, that was just a couple quick items out of the way. I’ll start some cornbread for breakfast and be into making the turkey dinner shortly. Sorry if I made you all hungry, but for those who know me in person - I love my 510, but I love food too! The two things that brings us all together.
Merry Christmas everyone.
Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Memory and smells almost as strong a connection as the force that hold atoms together. Over all the years I remember them.

Mincemeat pies!!! Pine sap on your hands from the tree. Yams, Brussels sprouts and parsnips only smelled at Christmas. Onion and sage stuffing smell on my mom's hands. Christmas cake and ginger cookies. Rum sauce on pudding. Burnt gunpowder from cap guns and mom yelling to go outside. Plastic models and airplane glue. Steamy burnt hair from wet dog brushing against the hot wood stove, and wood smoke. Fresh split fir with snow on it still. Peppermint candy canes. Burning candles and hot wax. Apple cider and ginger from the wassail bowl. Tissue paper smelling of naval oranges they were wrapped with. One year...last summers dandelion wine. Hot apple pie. Leather from new skates and rubber pucks. Eggnog with extra nutmeg. In the kitchen, cloves and rosemary. Dried figs and dates and all manner of nuts on the table and boxes and boxes of chocolates and toffee.

Merry Christmas.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
510rob

Post by 510rob »

I love all of those references Mike. Fantastic thoughts and fantastic memories.
James

Post by James »

Merry Christmas all! From down here in sunny so-cal!
Hope everyone stays safe.
Finished is better than perfect......
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

That was great Mike, that was my growing up too, I really am Ralphy in the Christmas Story. Even the bully, which I finally took care of.

I can still see my Dad fighting the coal furnace in the house I was born in, in Winnipeg.

We managed to pull off our Christmas day as planned and keeping in safe mode.

Next will be the building of my Galaxy famous turkey soup!
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Danthewire

Post by Danthewire »

Great memories Mike I remember my grandmas thin bread, ludifisk and leftsa….
Something I found on You Tube this year
Secret Santa East Idaho news
If you wanted to see the Christmas sprit alive watch it.
Couple of clips to start with
Widowed mother of three, and mother of eight.....
gooned

Post by gooned »

And wishing a Happy New Year to all, looking fw to all the projects and adventures this coming year.