All Nissan / Datsun / Infinti Sept Event 2005 - REGISTER NOW

General Discussion about the 510 Club of BC

Will you be attending this years DNBC event?

Yes - I go every year
59%
Yes - This will be my first time
12%
Undecided
12%
No - I don't plan on it
18%

Total votes: 17

bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Highlights of the weekend for me:
1) THE WEEKEND!
2)Lenord getting out of his KA powered car, in his first slalom, with the biggest grin on his face...(he did a great job of driving, for a guy at his first event)
3)Paul, doing virtually the same thing, and really, really, using those brakes...
4) Byron, inadvertantly learning about tire pressure, and how they affect the handling of a car...right Byron?
5) Spencer, being so cool and collected on his first run, that when he put on real race tires, he went no faster, which proves 1 of 2 things. He is a star no matter what is on the car, or....those were really OLD race tires.
6) All the competitors that had a great weekend.....
7) For me personally, a redemption that those cams were too big, and, that I can still see well enough to drive that old red pile reasonably fast.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
autoxracer

Post by autoxracer »

Keith - I see you were pretty close to the modern technology of Jacques and Don. Nicely Done! Were you running slicks or the Yokos?

Thats the second Porsche to go off at Bounday Bay recently. When I was down there for the BC Championships (driving a Miata :oops: ) a 2004 GT3 from Washington went off also.

Brian
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Thanks Brian,
I was on the 032's! Race tires would have been another whole new world of time! Plus, the driver is still rusty and had trouble getting focused.
Yes, the Porsche people have not had a good time of it. I did not think the course design was very safe when I saw where the Targa went off. Just no room for error on the exit of the corner, way too close to the edge (and the log it went up on).
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
autoxracer

Post by autoxracer »

WOW! Now I am totally impressed! For those of you who don't know, Don (Turbo 240SX - Canadian and Provincial DSP Champion) and Jacques (supercharged civic) are 2 of the fastest purpose built autocross cars in the province. On top of that, they both run Kumho V710's which are at least a second faster than the Yokos on that length of track.

Congratulations to anyone who managed to get close to them. Just when I was ready to give up on the idea of a 510 ever being a great autocross car you guys have given me hope again :D
510z

Post by 510z »

when is the nissan datsun show pictures going to be posted i heard it was great
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Here are a bunch of pictures from the show.
It is always nice to see so many 510's come out of the woodwork.
Attachments
IMG_1063.JPG
IMG_1073.JPG
IMG_1071.JPG

Keith Law
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

And a few more.
Attachments
IMG_1089.JPG
IMG_1084.JPG
IMG_1086.JPG

Keith Law
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Why not, a few more.
Attachments
IMG_1074.JPG
IMG_1069.JPG
IMG_1076.JPG

Keith Law