Run Beyond Hope 2020

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Run Beyond Hope 2020

Post by bertvorgon »

Morning all.

Just checking to see who might like a drive to Summerland, weekend or mid week? Will have to confirm Jeff is good for that day. He has extended invitation to put faces to names and have a driveway meet.

We would do the Apex/Green Mountain Road, which dumps us out midway in Penticton, hitting the Chevron to re-fuel before heading to Summerland.

We really don't need to do a super early start...traffic will be what it will be.
Attachments
Green Mountain Road.JPG
Green Mountain Road.JPG (87.5 KiB) Viewed 4477 times
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Re: Run Beyond Hope 2020

Post by funwithmonkeys »

That looks like fun. I am camping for the next week and a half.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
butters68
Supporter

Post by butters68 »

i have a few thing that need fixing on the slime, not sure if i can get it looked at soon enough .
ding ding dong dong all night long long.
JasonLee
Supporter

Post by JasonLee »

I would like to make this if at all possible.
Jason
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Do you have a date set yet?
I had Jamie over with his car on Tuesday, was great to see him. Made up a steering box brace for his HL box in his car, as he’s headed for Area 27 this weekend.

We have a beautiful stretch of weather coming, but I have been spoke for this weekend - but will be working one someone’s 510 at least :-)

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I talked to Jamie last week, as his Innovate died also. Let him know about my AEM. I heard that no spectators are/were allowed for Colin's day at Area 27, so pitched that idea for a drive

What if we throw out NEXT weekend, July 25 or 26? Gives everybody a heads up for the week. I will confirm with Jeff if that works for him. If it did not, we could still do that route, and then go have a picnic lunch on the Beach at Skaha.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
msaunders
Supporter

Post by msaunders »

Hi Keith, I'll keep an eye on this thread.. would love to cruise up to Summerland and catch up.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

ALRIGHT!

So, did we decide that the "car" is no longer yours, and that we may now call it, Jason's car?

I still remember, back in 1984, when we did the test to watch the frame movement ( twist) when we had the race rubber on. That steering box brace, plus the new HL510 box, just made things so much better in terms of feel.

I should cut out the brace to toe board pipe now, as it does limit my turning capability on that side.

Keith Law
MikeY

Post by MikeY »

I will be doing a trip to Seaton lake tomorrow morning (Friday). Leaving horseshoe Bay at 8am and taking the Duffy lake drive. Probably complete the loop on my way home on Sunday. Haven't had the 510 out for a drive this long in many years. It fired right up today and other than an exhaust rattle all looks good.
A few locals here on the central island are also planning a trip to Port Hardy this season. Should be lots of empty road after Campbell River.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

That is such a nice drive from Campbell River to Hardy! If you had time, the drive over to Port Alice is also a nice, windy route.

Keith Law
MikeY

Post by MikeY »

Just made the Duffy lake drive. Some traffic, just enough to slow down and catch my breath. A couple of motorcycles let me pass on the way up. Then followed my speed. I think they were setting me up for the ticket and tow. Or just wanted to see if I would get into trouble. Turn and push the.go pedal worked just fine. It was my first spirited drive in many years.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Looks like a gorgeous day in Lillooet, are you staying overnight or, doing the Lytton stretch?

These days, I'm quite content to let somebody else do the radar sweep for me.

I used to love "messing" with bikes......

Keith Law
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I have heard from Jeff and we are good for next Saturday, July 25, to Summerland. Details to follow.

Keith Law
cartel

Post by cartel »

Hmm tempting.. i don't think I'd take pumpkin for that long a drive yet needs more shakedown.. possibly the z..if i can give it a checkup before then
Mike Gibson
Datsun: 71 dime; 73 Z ; GT3 240
Other: 65 + 67 Mustang ; 03 murcie
butters68
Supporter

Post by butters68 »

i'm going to tag along in my truck if thats ok, i have a friend in summerland i haven't seen in some time . it would be a good trip for me to stop by hang for a bit. you guys do your thing , and i may or may not see you on the drive back. :mrgreen:
ding ding dong dong all night long long.