cars n coffee cruises langley / surrey BC Friday nites

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
cartel

cars n coffee cruises langley / surrey BC Friday nites

Post by cartel »

Keith posted about possibly coming to "timmies" this fri-- this is a EVERY friday event in our area - Langley must be close to the car capital of canada ..

if anyone wants to meet at shop first im very close to "both" of the unoffical places to go to.. weather permitting of course- and if both were closed down could use the lot at work -- theres well over 50 empty parking spots after normal hours here.

#1) timmies at the strip mall at 28th and 192 st- literally 5 minutes from shop..
was the main goto after the original motor vehicle branch in langley closed and a car lot took over the space. it drifted up to 192 and its been quite busy for the past 2-3 years summertime every friday after 5pm its BUSY.. it was nice as theres 4 different restaurants A&W , timmies - greek and subway etc.. but the BS from the fraser health is out of hand (imo)

i went 2x last month before the RCMP shutdown and was 200+ cars - heavy police presence which i was fine with as some "IDIOTS" do too many burnouts and dont have car control where there are a 100+ lining the boulevard to watch-- not the best.. it wasnt rowdy or out of hand both days i went and then 3 weeks ago the RCMP started blocking the mall entrances.. (which i dont understand how they can prevent all the business from actually selling food?)

anyway everyone migrated various places - some tried mopac- (which closes their lot)
KMS also used to have a friday gathering but not sure if anyone went there-- and the remainder ended up at the "famous timmies: -shit throwing one if you dont know :shock: " its in the corner of the strip mall at

#2) 55 th ave and 204 street- langley city-- one block south of fraser hwy - if you head south at the dairy queen on fraser then you cross 54th/ douglas crescent and then the mall is on your left

that a different city-- so different RCMP detachment-- it might get shut down as well but its only been 2 weeks there so its an unknown.

#3) my work is 5327 192 street -- so pretty well central to both..

i take a different car each friday - if i know there are some datsuns coming i will bring one of them.. i usually go about 6 and stay maybe an hour-- but there are cars from 5 till dark .. some show up at 430 with chairs and ive seen cars unloaded off trailers as well --
Mike Gibson
Datsun: 71 dime; 73 Z ; GT3 240
Other: 65 + 67 Mustang ; 03 murcie
bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: cars n coffee cruises langley / surrey BC Friday nites

Post by bertvorgon »

Thanks for posting that Mike!

Is that location at the old Army and Navy lot?

Looks like I will have to pass tomorrow, my daughter is coming back from camping and will want to park trailer back in garage, where the logistics of shuffling a ton of stuff is not easy for me to get in and out.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
cartel

Post by cartel »

Army navy last night had well past 200 cars.. i took the mustang .. didnt see any dimes there..

Colossus langley today had a cars n coffee but I took "fattie" and there were 3 510s there all L series and the yellow sr20 roadster..
Mike Gibson
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

When will you be going again? The weeks looks good.

Next weekend will be Summerland drive, I think shoot for Saturday, gives everybody Sunday to recuperate.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
cartel

Post by cartel »

Prob next fri if its nice.. usually go after 6 so it's busy and im done by 8 but it goes on till dark
If there's some datsuns going il take one as well
Mike Gibson
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I will come, that gets my car pointed to the door for Saturday morning's drive.

Keith Law
Childhoodtoy

Post by Childhoodtoy »

Is there anything happening at Army Navy in Langley on Friday night
cartel

Post by cartel »

im sure this friday it will be very busy.. its every friday - and it seems the timmies at 192 and 28 is now dead - everyone goes to langley city now.. larger lot- and no burnouts here as to much in the city--
Mike Gibson
Childhoodtoy

Post by Childhoodtoy »

I’ll see if I can round up some 510 and head out there what’s a good time to be there ?
cartel

Post by cartel »

From 5 to 830 anytime between
Mike Gibson
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Besides the Friday night deal, anyone going to any Cars & Coffee meets on the weekend?

I need to fuel my car up and to move it is such a hassle, I may as well go for a small drive somewhere.

Weather looks to be really, really nice this coming weekend.

Keith Law
CP

Post by CP »

I don't think Carbs & Coffee are doing any further gatherings this year judging by what they posted on their Facebook site.

Carbs and Coffee Ltd
September 1 at 7:16 AM ·
CarBS & Coffee and Covid.
We have been asked multiple times this season “when will the next event happen?”
We had big plans for the 2020 season but unfortunately just as we had our season opener the Pandemic hit.
We take the health and safety of our friends, family and extended automotive community seriously. From the onset we have made it clear to those who ask that we will not hold gatherings until we are given the ok from Dr Bonnie Henry.
There have been many Coffee/car type events this summer but we have not attended. We feel we can’t rightfully attend others events when we feel it’s not in the best interest and health/ safety of our automotive friends.
We are in no way condemning those who promote or attend these events but we do hope everyone has followed the social distance rules that have been set in place.
With the increase of Covid cases over the past month new rules have come into affect and below is an excerpt from a recent email.
Please take the time to read it.
We hope that 2021 brings a fresh start to our hobby and return to a Covid free world.
On August 20th an Order in Council was added to the existing Provincial Health Order governing gatherings and events.
“An owner or operator of a place may permit up to fifty patrons to attend an event in a place if the following conditions are met:”
There is an organizer of the event
If the organizer is not the owner or operator of the place, the organizer must provide the owner or operator with the first and last names and telephone number or e-mail address of every patron who attends the event
Access to the event is controlled
The number of patrons is closely monitored
There is sufficient space available to permit the patrons to maintain a distance of 2 metres from one another
The patrons maintain a distance of two metres from one another when standing or sitting unless they belong to the same party
No more than 6 patrons sit at a table even if they are in the same party
Hand sanitization supplies are readily available
There are washroom facilities available with running water , soap, and a sanitary means for washing and drying hands.
There’s more to it if you choose to follow the link but I’ve hit the high points.
So I called the person who is heading the Provincial team responsible for the interpretation and ultimately providing guidance in the areas of enforcement in order to seek some advice on our “location” get together and I was told the following.
The “gatherings” at the ( location) constitute an event as they have been ongoing for many years and those who attend are fully aware of this event without having to be invited or learning about it in any media form. “it just happens ”
****There is also a new provision that states “A person must not promote a social gathering or event or encourage another person to attend such a social gathering or event”
What does all this come down to? if a business allow people to gather then they are open to a $2300 fine. We as individuals are all open to a $200 fine for attending the (location) on Thursday as we are unable to meet all of the conditions as listed above.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Thanks for the heads-up. Been in my bubble too long, no idea what is going on out there. I would have stayed at arms length anyhow.

I will just go for a nice drive, then top the car up with for what hopefully will be the following weekend drive.

Keith Law
cartel

Post by cartel »

spanish banks last week had a large gathering-

homedepot in coq had 75 cars last night--

these have to be "informal" as organized needs to adhere to the covid rules-- and then today i heard the CDC said that actual covid deaths are like 6% of those reported -- when will the truth come out?
Mike Gibson
WxMan
Supporter

Post by WxMan »

The truth is out there, but sometimes a little digging is required to find it. That 6% only refers to Covid as the only listed cause of mortality. In all other cases there are other contributing factors but Covid is believed to be the "trigger of mortality". https://www.health.com/condition/infect ... vid-deaths
The company motto seems to be "We're not happy 'till you're not happy."