Bike rides

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: Bike rides

Post by bertvorgon »

As soon as I see a high pressure system that will last for a few days, I will post up a drive to SLOWERTHANTIME's place. He has extended an invitation for a driveway social meet.

It may be a weekday too, as we have to grab weather when it is good during this season.

I too, and family, are still being very careful! I know someone who has had this virus now and you just DO NOT want to get it. He is young, in shape, etc, yet got laid out bigtime, lost 18 lbs, and beyond tired in recovery.

My daughter is a teacher who has been on mat leave, and, as the nightmare of whatever is going to be schooling in September comes, we will not see her, as her "bubble" expands into a huge pool of people.

Yes, the lack of fires is not a bad thing, as the cost of Covid can use all the money it can get.

I will refrain from commenting on America, it speaks for itself.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: Bike rides

Post by bertvorgon »

Matt and I jumped into the Infinity yesterday and blasted up to Manning Park to hike Lightning Lake chain. Diced up a guy in a Mercedes on the way up through that real twisty section, left him in the dust pretty good, those tire I have on the G35 work very well as does that suspension.

We did not start early so were we shocked at the crowds at the day lot. We had to park way down the road. I had not been to Manning on a weekend for over a decade+....WOW...is it under pressure on weekends too. We headed past the most busy area and got back into the Lake's chain, which got us away from the hoards.

Nice back there, quiet, sun and clouds, wind was cool as we had lunch. Only one sign of bear, maybe a couple of days old. They don't like the crowds either. Lots of trout jumping

Traffic was very heavy on way back, glad it was not a 510 drive. Even #1 had 2 spots of dead slow traffic in the usual spots.

Lets hope in September the crowds are gone for our Fall drive.
Attachments
IMGP5919 (Medium).jpeg
IMGP5919 (Medium).jpeg (447.24 KiB) Viewed 3751 times
IMGP5918 (Large).jpeg
IMGP5918 (Large).jpeg (655.73 KiB) Viewed 3751 times
IMGP5913 (Large).jpeg
IMGP5913 (Large).jpeg (506.01 KiB) Viewed 3751 times
IMGP5912 (Large).jpeg
IMGP5912 (Large).jpeg (374.46 KiB) Viewed 3751 times
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer