Wilwood Disk Park Brake

Post your forsale and wanted ads
MarkReidHRC
Supporter

Wilwood Disk Park Brake

Post by MarkReidHRC »

Just finished the prototype brackets for rear disk conversion for my 510. This includes a second caliper for the park brake. The bracket accommodates the Wilwood Dyna Pro Single and the Wilwood MC4 Mechanical park brake using the 200sx disk. I have also made the cables to connect to the existing park brake system.

Wondering if there is any interest in the brackets or cables. Brackets would be anodized aluminum approx $180 USD for the set, and cables are 700# CableCraft also approx $180 USD for the set.

Last edited by MarkReidHRC on 10 May 2020 09:36, edited 1 time in total.
If all else fails... try again
JasonLee
Supporter

Re: Wilwood Disk Park Brake

Post by JasonLee »

I went through this procedure a year ago, and also considered the MC4 mechanical park brake. I ended up not going that route because of an incompatibility, and seem to recall that it was because it wouldn't work with a rotor as thin as the 200sx disk. It is meant for a disk that is 0.8" thick. I am not sure if that has changed in the past year where this would now be a viable option. I ended up installing a hydraulic e-brake handle, and built a bracket to accommodate a second set of Wilwood calipers to created a separate hydraulic system for the emergency brake. The added bonus is that I can actually grab the handle while strapped in with the 5 point harness, whereas the stock under dash handle was impossible to reach.
Jason
iceman510

Post by iceman510 »

Picture not showing up, for me at least.
MarkReidHRC
Supporter

Post by MarkReidHRC »

Link for the picture if you cant see it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9a4GZAxtoHPv6wrn8
510rob

Post by 510rob »

(just for info - I can see it in the link, but not in the thread)
zKars
Supporter

Post by zKars »

I’m very very interested. I will gladly take a set and provide feedback as I go through the install. Send me a PM or email me z240@shaw.ca
MarkReidHRC
Supporter

Post by MarkReidHRC »

510rob wrote: 09 May 2020 20:46 (just for info - I can see it in the link, but not in the thread)
Rob, updated the link for the pic. Can you see it in the thread now
510rob

Post by 510rob »

MarkReidHRC wrote: 10 May 2020 09:37
510rob wrote: 09 May 2020 20:46 (just for info - I can see it in the link, but not in the thread)
Rob, updated the link for the pic. Can you see it in the thread now
yes, works now.
sgplancer

Post by sgplancer »

Very very cool! I am working with DPracing on developing a rear brake kit using the Wilwood combo p-brake calipers. The only issue is wheel size. Don stated that there could be fitment issues, even with a 15" wheel. I would be interested in a set of yours, if the combo caliper doesn't work. I am going to send him a wheel for mock up, and should hear back later. Can you take a picture of the backside? I would be interested to see it. Your version looks like what I had envisioned with the MC4. Again, very cool!!!
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

Sent you a PM
1970 2 door sr20det cookie cutter build
My build thread
http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30772
Nor Cal Meng !
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

What size wheels does this fit? That cable lever looks like it sits kinda high.
1970 2 door sr20det cookie cutter build
My build thread
http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30772
Nor Cal Meng !
MarkReidHRC
Supporter

Post by MarkReidHRC »

The main reason I am doing this is to meet the requirements to have a separate park/emergency system from the regular brake system. I also wanted to keep the stock umbrella pull functional.

Update on the Brackets. Minimum radius is 160 mm or 6.25 inches needed to fit wheel over calipers.Yes the MC4 is designed for a thicker disk so a 10mm spacers will be supplied to have it work with 200sx disks. I debated weather or not to mill the MC4 down to fit but this will add to much cost. Maybe in the future Wilwood will make the caliper to fit the thinner disks. I am now getting 1 set of the final brackets made this week. I will then make a Youtube video showing the details and install. I will see what the cost is to make 10 sets and see if there is enough interest.