drive anyone?

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Re: drive anyone?

Post by funwithmonkeys »

It is strange up here. Every ferry from horseshoe bay to the coast was full. I'm not sure how getting out of town for the weekend counts a essential travel.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
Edm620

Post by Edm620 »

I'm itching to get some road time in, sadly must wait a bit longer for clean roads here in Edm. You guys should be safe to "social-distance-congregate" but if you can do it on private property all the better.
"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there"
Ugandan Proverb

76 620 Full custom/resto-mod
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

So am I, at least it will have to be local, no-mountain stuff, all our corridors are still in winter mode. Be a month at least before the roads through the passes get clean of sand and gravel.

No Knox Mountain Hillclimb so that takes the May Long weekend out of the equation.

With so little traffic I might just try the Sea to Sky hiway and buzz to Squamish for a picnic lunch.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
caesarDX

Post by caesarDX »

When? :twisted:
1984 Renault R5 Turbo2 - L' Enfant Terrible
1989 BMW E30 M3 "God's Chariot"
2001 Renault Clio V6 Sport Phase 1
1999 Nissan Skyline R34 GTR V-Spec
butters68
Supporter

Post by butters68 »

the five ten is insured for 6 months. $805 bucks :shock:
ding ding dong dong all night long long.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I have to get my butt in gear and get over to the garage and get it fired up, been hoping for a really warm day to heat up the inside.

I have to pull the O2 sensor, install new one, strip out old Innovate stuff, and mount new AEM wideband. I hope the mount is quite generic so I can use my existing mount without too much BS.

At least when going through my tubs I found the wiring diagram I did for Rob'c suggestion of a relay and direct battery voltage, so that part is done.

Then....I will be ready.....
Attachments
To the mountains we go
To the mountains we go
DSCN1956.jpg (550.17 KiB) Viewed 3804 times
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

Well I got my car out a few times this week. I just need to neaten up a few things inside then I am ready to go. It looks like we are getting a bunch of rain in the next 2 weeks so maybe after that we can go.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

I’ve had a bit of a set back in the ‘Ready to go ‘ department. Had some sort of ignition failure today backing the Bronze back in the garage this evening. Will diagnose further tomorrow. It’s a wasted spark system, one coils not working for sure.
But I really need to do a nut and bolt check, and flush the brake fluid. The Bronze didn’t drive all last year, save or a few starts around the yard. And I ate a cam the year before when I swapped in the twin carb head and induction. That’s a whole other story.
Anyways, I’ll do my best to be prepared.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
MarkReidHRC
Supporter

Post by MarkReidHRC »

Just got on the road today! Working some of the bugs out. We are pretty much ready thanks to Byron!

If all else fails... try again
slowerthantime
Supporter

Post by slowerthantime »

Congrats Mark, it looks fantastic. Enjoy!