Toilet paper shortage!!

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
bertvorgon
Supporter

Toilet paper shortage!!

Post by bertvorgon »

Ok, I have seen a LOT of nutso insane stuff in my 70 years on this goofy planet, but...what the hell is with this crazy run on toilet paper?

There is NONE to be found in White Rock, talked to my sister in Campbell River, shelves cleared there!!! I just cannot fathom the fear, the rational, or what...that this Corona Virus is causing, to stock up on TP.

Same with hand sanitizer, wipes, etc, shelves bare here in White Rock.

Who knew the biggest problem of the Apocalypse is that no one can wipe their ass......

Here I am stocking up on food and ammunition.....

Markets are crazy, gold was off the map for a few days ( can't eat that stuff), economy going for the dumpster, Alberta oil so low it's almost not worth digging it out, at least so far gasoline here going down, might be a cheaper summer for driving.

my rant for the day and if winter does not end soon, I'm going to go crazy....
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
RMS
Supporter

Re: Toilet paper shortage!!

Post by RMS »

hey at least when were out foraging in the waste land there will be no concern of dealing with the trots.
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
510rob

Post by 510rob »

Let's just hope that this current situation doesn't get as bad as the 1918 "Spanish" Flu pandemic got. Yes there are differences between that 1918 H1N1-variant and this current 2019 corona-virus, but pandemics are just bad for everyone (unless you are a 0.0001%er billionaire and a bunch of the population-at-large gets wiped out and leaves more clean water and clean air for you and your family, but that is just cloud-talk...)
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Bottled water. WTF the pipes are full of water. I have close to 80 rolls of TP but only because my wife just buys the same things every week as we use stuff up. If there is too much coffee, oatmeal, beans w/e I just say don't buy (whatever) till I say we are low. We forgot and now have 2 times 36 rolls plus a part bag. It's happened before and never though about it and it doesn't go to waste. I absolutely won't have bottled water in the house.

At moment 3% death rate so if 75% of the population gets it that's a lot of old people.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
Mattndew76
Supporter

Post by Mattndew76 »

I blame the effing media for sewing this paranoid run on products.
An Idea doesn't work unless you do.
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

ya know with less tourists a run beyond hope may be quite good this spring ?
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Funny, I did kinda think of that today as the mayhem continues..Holy Crap!

Markets took the major dump, virtually 30% overall, some people would have taken a major hit yesterday and who knows how long this one will take to claw it's way back.

Matt took a funny picture of himself in Safeway, with a long row of cleaned out shelves in front of him....stupid.

I'm with you Mike, no plastic bottles of water, when we have some of the best water in the world here. It still pisses me off that Nestle's was allowed to pillage water from Hope, B.C. at $2.25 per million litres of water for access, and then be able to sell at at what ever a bottle of water goes for..massive profit on one of OUR resources. The water is FREE!
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
Idoxlr8

Post by Idoxlr8 »

But to be serious, there has been some real tragedy here. For the love of God, the F1 season has been postponed. :cry:
260z owner
510 wannabe
510rob

Post by 510rob »

bertvorgon wrote: 13 Mar 2020 19:53It still pisses me off that Nestle's was allowed to pillage water from Hope, B.C. at $2.25 per million litres of water for access, and then be able to sell at at what ever a bottle of water goes for..massive profit on one of OUR resources. The water is FREE!
Blame that on Brian Mulroney and his NAFTA agreement.

If we charge Nestle for the water itself rather than for access to the water, then (because of NAFTA rules) the water becomes a chargeable commodity and that move gives Nestle irreversible claim to future water...
https://medium.com/@timboucher/nafta-conflicts-with-commercialization-of-water-in-canada-758a7043a753 wrote:" British Columbia’s new water fee system begins [in 2017]. More than 225,000 people signed a petition asking the government to charge a higher rate to companies that access the province’s water. But one former B.C. MLA says charging higher fees for commercial users like Nestlé could turn B.C.’s water into a commodity for sale — and put the province in conflict with NAFTA.

Judi Tyabji says, “The minute that the government makes a dollar, retains a dollar, on what they’re charging Nestlé, Nestlé could go to a NAFTA tribunal and say, ‘They sold us this water, therefore we want the water commodity provisions from NAFTA to apply to it’, and then we can’t turn off the taps.”"
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I know...that is what pisses me off.

What a wind storm last night, and, freezing!!! I

Keith Law
gooned

Post by gooned »

Mrs was out stocking up yesterday among the pandemonium...came home with beer and steak, I’m a lucky guy.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Had to stop into Save-on-Foods this afternoon,,,shelves stripped bare, just bizarre to actually see.

It IS going to get worse, as we look at other countries and the progression of this damn thing.

I am now staying out of everything, as my wife is recovering from full right knee replacement, so neither of us can afford to get sick, cold, flu or otherwise right now.

I'm just waiting for the first zombie to show up at my door...KAPOW!

Keith Law
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Don't forget a few weeks of pet food, and stock up on Kleenex, medications and cold remedies.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

No pets, been there done that. I keep a supply of cold stuff always, so that has not been an issue. Government is going to make a major announcement this morning, we have an idea of what it is going to be, should be interesting.

Keith Law
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Inside workers at my work have been thinned and sent home, more to follow. They work at computers (CAD) so that's no problem and a good idea. I work outdoors where there is no real close contact with others. Certainly not groups and what there are can be avoided or just keep your distance. I really want to go to work, I like what I do and have to go to the office to find out what the day's work is. They're looking at 2 to 6 months with adjustments as needed.