Trip to Stave Lake and Harrison Mills.

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
///FiveOneOh

Re: Trip to Stave Lake and Harrison Mills.

Post by ///FiveOneOh »

cant access fb page..
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

Any others can't access FB page? You may have to join BC Z Car registry . It's a Private event, by invite only, so FB page is not shown to public for various reasons. All info in first post. Just RSVP here and I can add you to the list:

Can everyone access the Google Map links?
Sasquatch Z Rally.jpg
Sasquatch Z Rally.jpg (194.91 KiB) Viewed 5147 times
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I'm not on this thing called FACE BOOK,,what is that...a book of who's who in the Z community, with pictures.....
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

I am camping the rest of the month so I will not be doing any drives till next month.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

Please let me know if you are bringing a Co-Pilot, so I can let Restaurant know number of people. Thanks.
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

bit of very good road between the inn and the hatchery...... slow in, fast out and respect the locals.
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

RONSLYCHUK wrote: 13 Jul 2019 12:20 Hey, since that is the only weekend that I have free,count me and the wife in. I live in Abbotsford so where should we meet you guys?
That would be at Ultra Fuels on the corner of 287th and Lougheed Hwy. Approx 9:00 AM to 9:10 AM. That will be our first Waypoint. I will PM your my Cell Number.
Childhoodtoy

Post by Childhoodtoy »

If the weather is good and I don't have to work I will be there
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Richard, do you have, or, did I ever give you a copy of the Gary & Al show out at Boundary Bay, you are in the green car of course. I stumbled up my copy when going through some stuff and could give you a copy of you do not have one. It is the one that Delta Cable shot of us and our runs, cool music at the beginning, dated now but fun nonetheless.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

I would love to have a Copy of that. I may have had it at one time. But not anymore...
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Typical, it was in the BOTTOM box of a stack of 6, buried in the Bert Vorgon archives. Holy Cow is there a ton of stuff there.

I have some vintage stuff with my brown, 1972 on it, doing a run at Boundary Bay in the good old days of the 70's, the Golden age of slaloming in B.C.. The run at Boundary Bay was with my 1800, which has just sold on this site, some 40 years later!!!

I will burn up a few copies if anyone would like one and bring them to the drive.

UPDATE: Glitch with copying my DVD. In 2006 Greg P. helped my transfer from VHS to DVD. The format he used..I guess...is some UDF file....which at this point my computer says WTF!

Greg is busy this weekend to take a look at it so to be continued, hopefully we can get to an mpeg file or something readable to copy.

Keith Law
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

After hitting enough buttons and variations of copy/burn/transfer/hit the computer, I seem to have been able to make a copy of the Boundary Bay tape from 1984.

See you in the AM.

How many scheduled to come at this point?

Keith Law
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

10 Z cars , 3 510's. 20 people in all.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Morning World,

What a beautiful day it is to be, clear and hot, close to 28C at Harrison today. Fitting the moon is so bright this morning, what with all the remembering of the moon walk 50 years ago. As a 19 year old I sat glued to my uncle's B & W TV watching the whole grainy images unfold, still remember today.

I threw a fresh set of 7's in the car yesterday as most of this drive is not on highways at least for me. I'm going to drop south of #1 on the way back and just enjoy the back roads.

See you all soon!

Keith Law
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

Strangely enough... I was up at 5:29 AM as well. Then reality took hold and I went back to bed!!! Z is washed, purring like a kitten.... and most importantly. The AC is blowing freezy cold air!!! :mrgreen: