Latest price of fuel

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
MikeY

Re: Latest price of fuel

Post by MikeY »

Why the US still uses the British Empires imperial I have no idea. But even then the gallon is US not imperial. So is the $742usd / imperial gallon or US. And how much a gallon in cdn. I'm not completely confused yet. Lol
WxMan
Supporter

Post by WxMan »

Freedom units baby. Freedom from logic, I assume. The values I quoted would be based on US gallons.
The company motto seems to be "We're not happy 'till you're not happy."
loungin112

Post by loungin112 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
loungin112

Post by loungin112 »

MikeY wrote: 18 May 2022 13:06 Why the US still uses the British Empires imperial I have no idea. But even then the gallon is US not imperial. So is the $742usd / imperial gallon or US. And how much a gallon in cdn. I'm not completely confused yet. Lol
Because that's the way we've always done it!
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I grew up with Imperial measure, then when Metric came in during the 70's ( finishing in the 80's), had to adapt to all sorts of conversion factors.

My working career had me using metric and other measures of weight and fluids. I also had to use Troy Ounces, Grams, Pennyweights and some other conversions. Pounds to grams and kilos took some time to adapt to.

During that switch over phase my colleague and I had to be very careful when mixing acids, as the supplier was switching over from gallons to litres. Most of our mixing formulas were in gallons, so we had to double/triple check conversions as to NOT have a runaway reaction when dissolving gold.

Many "conversion errors" happened over that time period. One of the most amazing and notable was the: GIMLI GLIDER...it's worth a quick read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimli_Glider

1 Imp Gallon = 4.546 litres
1 U.S. Gallon = 3.785 litres

1 IMP gallon = $10.63 at todays price.

I still think in MPG..NOT litres per 100 KM.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Well...as oil seems to hit another high of light sweet crude, 120.00 US a barrel, our fuel cost here bumped back up to 2.34 / l.

Then today I open up my local newspaper and I saw this funny cartoon.....FUNNY...not really as the cost of household operation here in Vancouver is just nuts!!!!

Our health care system is so messed up, as per Rob's post with Merlin Blackwell, Mayor Of Clearwater ( a small town in b.c. and one of many that has had to close emergency dept's through the night) that even the other day, our Premier let slip in a news brief, that our "Health care is teetering!" Just try to see a doctor these days, IF your lucky to have a family doctor.

And this weather...many driven your 510 here in Vancouver yet?
Attachments
Cost of Fuel_000383 (Large).jpg
Cost of Fuel_000383 (Large).jpg (576.96 KiB) Viewed 1293 times
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

I drove around the block twice last summer to 'loosen' my 710 up. Still have gas from 2020 in it. Start every 4-6 months. Don't expect to drive it at all this summer and there's the real possibility I may never drive it again. Gas is insane and probably was artificially low in N America all my life and is now more in line with the rest of the world and may stay there. I caught the tail end of the muscle car era ('70) and it ended 2 years later. It was a ball while it lasted.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
KiKiIchiBan
Supporter

Post by KiKiIchiBan »

We're at £2 a litre now here. Most pumps are pay at pump where you insert debit/credit card before pumping and there's a £99 maximum pre authorisation. To fill up my Land Rover I have to go twice. The Gov reduced the duty on fuel by £0.05 per litre but the greedy gits who own the fuel stations just added more to the price of fuel.
Thankfully I don't commute using the car and it's just a grocery getter but along with the cost of everything else, it's out of hand now.
My P510 Bluebird SSS Coupe www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?t=26929

https://www.instagram.com/kikiichiban/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBP1x8z2IBvfs-MQH2Gc73Q/featured
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Morning!

It's good to hear from someone else in another country...are we all in the same boat!?

We have been "pay before pumping" for many, many years, after a night clerk at a gas station was dragged to death (2005) here during a "gas and dash".

We have $0.75 cents of various taxes on our fuel that the Government loves, so there was no way it was going to get reduced, at least here in B.C..

Keith Law