excessive oil out of block breather 2.0

Engine, Transmission and related drivetrain.
Dimes4Life

excessive oil out of block breather 2.0

Post by Dimes4Life »

A few days ago I noticed the smell of oil burning as I drove...saw smoke coming from shifter tunnel.. inspected n found burnt hose that goes from a K&n beather tank to lower breather tube. The pressure of oil coming out of lower brearher tube blew off the hose and that's why it burned. Fixed.Drove again and same symptoms. Oil is blowing out of tube onto my headers.
My question is why all of a sudden oil is shooting out of lower breather tube under load. My block is also soaked with oil just under header.
The pic is just a reference..not my car
Attachments
001.jpg
001.jpg (105.53 KiB) Viewed 1917 times
RMS
Supporter

Re: excessive oil out of block breather 2.0

Post by RMS »

well you could have a broken or stuck ring or a hole in a piston. do a compression check and report back with your findings. now the L series do create a lot of crank case pressure and if you used the same amount of sealer this guy used on his carb I could see problems popping up :P
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
510rob

Post by 510rob »

stealthy silver sealer
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

OP you need to better describe your issue, along with appropriate photos. By using the photo above, you're indicating you are not running the hose from the block to the carb. IF that's the case, what do you expect? That's why the factory engineered in the PCV system.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson