vg30 fuel pressure

General & Technical discussion about other Nissan/Datsun cars
redkemeny

vg30 fuel pressure

Post by redkemeny »

Hey guys I am in the middle of a vg30 swap and I am not sure about the fuel pressure regulator. Do I need to plumb the vaccum line into a reg. soleniod or will straight intake vaccum be okay? Thanks
5teN
Site Admin

RE: vg30 fuel pressure

Post by 5teN »

If i remember correctly there was a little soleniod that mounts on the fender. It is just another means to drop vacuum to richen it up...I assume when it is cold and idling.

It would probably still work if you just had it go directly to the intake, you just wouldn't have the increased fuel pressure during the respective conditions.
redkemeny

Post by redkemeny »

I would like to use the soleniod but I think I must also have the pressure control module... btw I pulled all this from an 87 300zx, when I pulled the motor/trans and wiring/ECU I think I just pulled the main harness.
vgwagon

Post by vgwagon »

if you leave the regulator vaccum line disconnected you will have the higher fuel pressure all the time, when it see's vaccuum it lowers pressure slightly, so as to have less pressure at idle when fuel demands are low, also in order to control the solenoid you would need that control module, mine is deleted along with alot of other stuff and it's fine. The fuel temp sensor off of the fuel regulator was to prevent vapor lock when fuel temps increased past X degrees, it's of no concern as the under hood temps of the 510 could never compare to that of the 300zx.
Denis Gagné
AKA VGwagon

69 510 VG30e swapped
73 240z VG30et swapped
86 300zx na2t VG30et converted
redkemeny

Post by redkemeny »

Thanks for all you help. I got the solenoid and control module hooked up any tips for connecting wiring harness?