RUN TO THE CASCADES 2014

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
JordanTr

Re: RUN TO THE CASCADES 2014

Post by JordanTr »

Jason, I can catch up with you under the 264th street overpass and we can head down to the line together? I'm planning to meet Ron at the gas station at the end of the sumas strip on the right.

Busy tonight. Will do maps/time planning later. Text me 778 887 5875 so we have digits.
'72 2 door KA project | S14 Silvia RB25DET | S14 RB26DETT (sold) | '90 Audi 90Q20V (sold)
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

We will be across the street in the pharmacy lot.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
gooned

Post by gooned »

You guys bother with frs radios, I could bring a pair?

Planning on a restraunt brunch now that power is on, but will have road snacks etc.

Keep reminding myself I need to behave in the family ride tomorrow :!: haven't driven for fun in a looong time
McShagger510

Post by McShagger510 »

30 mph thru the town of Concrete ……….. :wink:
Attachments
DSCN1867.jpg
DSCN1867.jpg (109.42 KiB) Viewed 3824 times
The person with the sun in their eyes has the right of way. - my brother

'72 2dr. 510 Turbo
'73 240Z all stock
'71 2dr. 510 stock......for now
'91 Nissan truck *SOLD*
'02 TOYOTA Tacoma
'78 Kawasaki Z1-R
'84 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo
'99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
McShagger510

Post by McShagger510 »

:mrgreen: DON'T FORGET YOUR PASSPORT :mrgreen:
The person with the sun in their eyes has the right of way. - my brother

'72 2dr. 510 Turbo
'73 240Z all stock
'71 2dr. 510 stock......for now
'91 Nissan truck *SOLD*
'02 TOYOTA Tacoma
'78 Kawasaki Z1-R
'84 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo
'99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Car is topped up, oil's fresh, wheel bearing packed again (because I still have that slight growl on LH corners, still a mystery), lunch is packed, documents in place, Aux speedometer charging (GPS), camera(s) at the ready.

See you all in a few hours.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Morning World,

Going to be a spectacular day, temp is still 15C. ( 58F ) outside right now, stars sparkling, GPS set to MPH ( thanks James! ), smell of aviation fuel in the air, almost time to cinch up the belts, hit the fuel pump switch and let the wonderful mechanical sounds of a turbo L series rumble to life.

I promised my daughter I would roll the car out of her garage, start and then quickly roll out of her town home complex, to warm the engine up, out on the main street. I guess last year it was quite loud at 4;45 AM.

See yah in a bit!
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
510Freak
Supporter

Post by 510Freak »

Have fun guys
Attachments
border 510.jpg
border 510.jpg (22.66 KiB) Viewed 3799 times
JordanTr

Post by JordanTr »

That lineup pic is sweet. I spy Matt!

Looking nice over Abbotsford.

'72 2 door KA project | S14 Silvia RB25DET | S14 RB26DETT (sold) | '90 Audi 90Q20V (sold)
510Freak
Supporter

Post by 510Freak »

Not a very clear pic,but sure looks like a 510?
Attachments
Abby.jpg
Abby.jpg (22.32 KiB) Viewed 3784 times
JordanTr

Post by JordanTr »

Had a great drive with the boys. Matt and I made it to osoyoos but my brake master packed it in. :(

Anyone know anyone in osoyoos/Kelowna area with a working master. 13/16, 7/8, 15/16, 1". Don't matter. I'd like to get home this weekend.

Please call or text Jordan @ 778 887 587five
RONSLYCHUK
Supporter

Post by RONSLYCHUK »

That sucks the big one Jordan. If I had one I would fed ex it up to you. Ron.
gooned

Post by gooned »

Just home from the family camp visit, looong day. Had a great time, thanks to all.
Hope you get her home Jordan!
butters68
Supporter

Post by butters68 »

jt, say it ain't so buddy.someone hook a brotha up. :mrgreen:
ding ding dong dong all night long long.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Morning World!
I think I will pat myself on the back for the weather call, we had the perfect day, not really too hot in Winthrop, just peaking as we were leaving. Could not have been better for the engines...and drivers.

Thanks for all that made the trip a really fun day. We really hit the mark on time, even meeting up with Neil in Winthrop for lunch and the museum. The drive down gave us light traffic, with a few of us getting a few sections of totally open road, so we could really carve those corners. The photo op stops were all clear of civilians, so even that was a bonus round. Capt. America was in his same spot in Concrete, where he nailed me last year. For the most part, we really watched the sleepy town America speed zones.
Winthrop was very quiet compared to last year, the fire having put a major damper on tourist traffic. We had the restaurant almost to ourselves. After a nice social lunch we wandered up the hill to the Shaffer Museum, marveling at the history of the area, and, the amazing machines built for the farming, mining, and other miscellaneous industries.
Then it was time to hit the road back, with only ONE of our members making a bad call of NOT refueling his car, they shall remain anonymous..relying on the fuel gauge telling them they had 1/2 tank of fuel.
It was not till a major corner pointed at that the fuel gauge suddenly dropped to 1/4, and they would have to go back to Winthrop to fuel up. We motored on till the top of the pass, pulled over and waited for them to return. Jordan and Matt had decided to head back through the Okanagan, with Jordan's master cylinder packing it in, yikes.
I loved to have the Yokohama 048's back on my car, the predictability was back, with incredible grip in the corners. I never did check what my running temp was on the tires, felt like they maybe could have had another few pounds of air at the most. The climb out of the Methow Valley is really long, so I watched my temp gauge closely, only having it go up to 175-180 at the most, with oil pressure dropping to 55-60. At such a high speed cruise, my turbo is at 0 on the manifold, with the carb only being at the top end of the primary, so my A/F is getting pretty lean ( for me ) at 14 - 15, so I think that puts some heat into the system. At least the ambient air temp was dropping as we climbed to the 5,000 foot level, with my engine intake ( after intercooler ) , being only in the 75 - 85 range .
With Ron finally back after fueling up, we blasted away again. Near the end of the long downhill back to Sedro Wooly, Byron got by some slow traffic, with the rest of us stuck at 45 MPH. We re-grouped at New haven, then Byron, Paul and I got a bit of high speed cruising in again, following a guy on a motor cycle. Only place we could not keep up with him was when he passed on a double solid line...we do not do that.
After that is was a very busy run back on I-5, with the majority of the traffic between 70 and 80 MPH. We cut off at Bellingham, heading back through Aldergrove crossing, which took maybe 20 minutes, not too bad. As I idled through the line, 4 Border guys had the drug dog going through a Mustang, it was like they had a MAJOR reason to look, but, maybe had not found anything. As I pulled up, I ended up right beside them. They were scrutinizing the front fender bolts in the engine compartment. Their discussion centered on the one fellows inability to really tell if there was over spray on the body work. From my perspective, on the outside, the panel fit looked like it had never been touched, with no distinction on the painted areas.
Byron followed me back on 16th and I took the car home, as it was getting late in the day, I did not feel like taking it back to work, that would have been another hour to get back home. This was the first long drive for my seat re-do, and it was perfect, lumbar increase could not have been better.
Today I will stop by Specialty again and wash off the triple digit bug splatter, there are some BIG suckers on there!
Really fun part of the trip, those silly traffic circles on Meridian road, we blazed through those, hardest I made my suspension and tires work all day. We should just go down there and rip those up all day long.

Lots of pictures and technical information to follow.......

We also need to have a "fix the fuel gauge issue day" for a bunch of us. I still would like to get mine running correctly. I have a very good idea of my cruise range, but, it would be nice to have good sense of what is left. Our fuel consumption of course does vary, as load and speed can eat a lot of extra fuel. I'm going to run my tank dry, and then do a mileage check of the trip back. I marked my GPS indicated miles in Winthrop, so still have the Specialty stop and then to the plant, be interesting if I make it too the plant. This is where it is nice to have my 2 gallon reservoir that I can switch over to.

Keith Law