RUN TO THE CASCADES 2014

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: RUN TO THE CASCADES 2014

Post by bertvorgon »

Thanks Neil,

We will still plan to go then, with a final update on Friday to the situation! the weather does look to be good, but hopefully your people down there get a break from any more fires.

We have rain here right now, with heavy predicted tonight, so that will be good for our coastal fire situation. I hope enough to lift the campfire ban in Manning Park, where I plan to camp later in August, plus a 4 x 4 trip.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
gooned

Post by gooned »

So are we really going to be at the border for ~5:30am? :shock:

Going to be a tough sell to the family, but it'll be awesome scenery and I can't think of a better group to road trip with...hope I can keep up :wink: (gotta keep it under 4K during break-in)

We just got back from dragging the travel trailer to Kitimat & back via Horsefly (3000km+) so this will feel like a short hop!
RONSLYCHUK
Supporter

Post by RONSLYCHUK »

I am back in! I have to give a big THANK YOU to Jordan and Henk for helping me out with their knowledge tools and a huge shop. I could not have done it without them. My car is SO QUIET now. :D
McShagger510

Post by McShagger510 »

RONSLYCHUK wrote:I am back in! I have to give a big THANK YOU to Jordan and Henk for helping me out with their knowledge tools and a huge shop. I could not have done it without them. My car is SO QUIET now. :D
What was done Ron?

James
The person with the sun in their eyes has the right of way. - my brother

'72 2dr. 510 Turbo
'73 240Z all stock
'71 2dr. 510 stock......for now
'91 Nissan truck *SOLD*
'02 TOYOTA Tacoma
'78 Kawasaki Z1-R
'84 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo
'99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
RONSLYCHUK
Supporter

Post by RONSLYCHUK »

It was the left rear wheel bearing. It was making a terrible noise,now---- peace and quiet! With Jordan's guidance and hefty tools it went swimmingly. I always thought it was the rear end,go figure . Are you in on the cruise James?
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Jordan sent me a text tonight, good thing I'd left my 4:1 multiplier with him, makes disassembling and torquing a breeze.
Sure glad he got it going for you, loom forward to seeing you Saturday.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

RONSLYCHUK wrote:It was the left rear wheel bearing. It was making a terrible noise,now---- peace and quiet! With Jordan's guidance and hefty tools it went swimmingly. I always thought it was the rear end,go figure . Are you in on the cruise James?
Hmmmm...another thing to add to the list of things to do on the Z. Have a weird " grumbling " in the back. Thought it was a U-Joint but the noise was a bit different. Will change U-Joints anyway. I know the left outer is a bit worn.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Rite+A ... d53e2fec01

This is where we will meet anyone that comes down from Langley/Abbotsford, etc., same place as last time. I will be taking my car home Friday, so the plant is a none issue for meeting.

We should meet at the Campbell Valley store again, and leave there by 5:30 - 5:45 at the latest. That would put us down at Sedro in the 6:30 to 7:00 range, depending on any Border issues.

I tried phoning the Museum yesterday, but, all circuits busy...makes me think still a power issue. I am going to try e-mailing today, and of course phoning. Most web sites or links are not working, so it is very hard to really see what is going on. There is a SHELL station in Marbelmount, it might be a good idea to fuel/top up there, that way we would have enough gas to get to Winthrop and back, should fuel be a problem there? Maybe by tomorrow we will have an update from Neil, and, I can talk to someone down there.

Remember to set your GPS to miles per hour, and we/I...will really watch those sleepy town America speed zones!!!!!!!!!!

I would also make sure you have some food with you, and a warm jacket/clothing..just in case. After our stranding a few years ago at the top of the Coquihalla, for 5 hours in the middle of the night, you just never know.

Winthrop is predicted to be in the mid 80's on Saturday ( feels like 90 ) so that will be a nice temperature.

REMEMBER YOUR PASSPORTS!
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
RONSLYCHUK
Supporter

Post by RONSLYCHUK »

Ya Byron,I forgot to mention your torque multiplier. That thing is awesome,it sure made the 240 ft. lb. nut much easier to do!
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

The 510 community comes through again. Glad you can make it Ron.

Keith Law
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

Is this happening on Saturday or Sunday?
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

SATURDAY

Keith Law
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

Thanks. Unfortunately won't be able to make it then. Have fun !!
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Sorry Richard, it just makes coming back across the Border that much easier mid-weekend, than late on a Sunday afternoon.

Keith Law
chumstone

Post by chumstone »

Getting the car ready, if all goes well I will see you in Winthrop.
Fire really has died down with the cold and wet, now we will all see a beautiful Saturday.
VG30 4 link wagon, 170 hp, 180 tq