WEEKEND SUNDAY DRIVE TO SOMEWHERE

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: WEEKEND SUNDAY DRIVE TO SOMEWHERE

Post by bertvorgon »

YES...weather looks to be hot!

I saw that there is so much stuff going on.

Lets still head to the Stave Falls museum, I will be at the plant for 7:30 should anyone want to wash a car, leave at 8:30. Meet at the Pitt River Esso station for 9 - 9:30, then leave for Dam, it opens at 10:00. A few hours there, then head to Mission for lunch?

Next weekend is the Winthrop Drive, lunch and Heritage Museum. I think we should just return same day, as a few people can only make the day. Maybe do a fall loop when it is cooler.

Temps are predicted to be in the 30's on Saturday, so this will be a good test, as Winthrop has been up in those levels also.

Maybe we can pop into Mission and watch the Malcinator race!
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Sounds good, see you Saturday morning.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Where will you meet us..the Esso?

I decided to start the 510 today...for all the reasons....started fine last time.

I turn on the fuel pump.....no light on the switch, nor did the fuel pump go. WTF? I'm still half asleep, switch on, switch off. HMMMM..... I have voltage, horns, blah, blah....I check the pump plug, wiggle...still no pump.

Then, I remember my super secret kill fuse.....get this, the plastic casing failed (old) and just busted apart....CRUD..but, on the positive, I found it today, NOT Saturday morning!
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
Ash510

Post by Ash510 »

I can't make it this weekend, have a birthday party that I have to go to on Saturday.
hope you all have a fun safe trip

Aron
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

bertvorgon wrote:Where will you meet us..the Esso?

I decided to start the 510 today...for all the reasons....started fine last time.

I turn on the fuel pump.....no light on the switch, nor did the fuel pump go. WTF? I'm still half asleep, switch on, switch off. HMMMM..... I have voltage, horns, blah, blah....I check the pump plug, wiggle...still no pump.

Then, I remember my super secret kill fuse.....get this, the plastic casing failed (old) and just busted apart....CRUD..but, on the positive, I found it today, NOT Saturday morning!
Strange...I thought we were headed to Stave Lake...not Knox Mountain :D

I'm in for this Saturday. Going to change the thermostat on the Z and add some Water Wetter. Also see if I can get the AC working. See you at the Esso station.

Just finished pulling all the center gauges, cleaning them and changing bulbs. Refit today. Interior and stereo not back together, but AC and engine temp more important. Getting car ready for a long California run ( Monterrey Historic's in August ) so I want to make sure car can handle high temps.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Tracey and Harry are racing the Specialty Turbo Miata on Saturday also. Timing should be good for us to hit there right after our lunch stop.

Harry's race is at 2'ish and Tracey races at 4:00

Keith Law
Malcinator

Post by Malcinator »

Disregard my message. Leaky shock and unobtainium parts and I'm out for the weekend :( Maybe I'll just go to Victoria and drink my wows away!

PS Race times are 3pm & 4pm Saturday, 3:25 and 4:25 Sunday. There is a Qualifiying at 2:10 however.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I saw your cracked Bilstein at Andy's...makes me wonder how mine are doing. Mine have been in there for 30 years now. I really should plan on taking them out and getting them re-built by Bilstien. Mine were custom valved.

Tracey seemed to have a revised race schedule for her and Harry, so I will fly with that. Big grid, 30+ cars, should be fun to watch.

It will be HOT out there, so make sure we all bring water and hats. It is projected to be 33C. (91F).
Attachments
Turbo Miata
Turbo Miata
IMG_1006.JPG (147.54 KiB) Viewed 4009 times

Keith Law
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

Looks like it's going to be a great day. Cruise on a perfect day, beautiful scenery on the way, Hydro Electric plant and Race cars. What could be better :mrgreen:

Off to work on my AC....
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

Hey Keith. Regarding the routing. Instead of Dewdney Trunk, have you considered the Lougheed Hwy from the Haney Bypass and then up 287th ( Just before Silverdale) ? This avoids all the stop and go traffic lights and congestion on Dewdney Trunk, particularly through MapleRidge. It's also more scenic and smooth. 287th follows Silvermere Lake all the way up to the Hydro Dam. 287th has very little Traffic and it's a nice road. Very scenic as well.

It adds a bit of distance to the tour, but time wise it would probably be about the same. As the Lougheed is 80 KPH for most of the way
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Your leading! I did think about that, you can be our tour guide at that point.

Yah, the day is going to be awesome!

Keith Law
Chickenman

Post by Chickenman »

Well...just found out what is wrong with the AC. Compressor is seized solid. I'm not a happy camper Image
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I have bolt cutters and a torch...we will just remove it...why should you be cool....

Keith Law
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Morning World,

5:20 Am and it is 20C. on my porch right now. Watching the Tour de France while I have my coffee, nice day for them right now, but, they look to finish the days stage in the rain....that will not be our case today.

I will be off to the plant for 7;00 AM, where James is going to meet me. We will leave about 8;30, that will get us to the Esso by 9:15 or so.

See you all later...WATER....WATER....it will be HOT at the Track.

Keith Law
McShagger510

Post by McShagger510 »

WOW what a Great Day! Stopped by and said hello to our favourite Nissan parts guy, Glen, at his new digs - Maple Ridge Nissan. 8)
Not too much traffic to deal with on the way out to the super cool Stave Lake Hydro Museum. Fun and informative! :D
Then lunch at Mission Springs Pub - I had a massive burger topped with bacon, pulled pork and thick cheddar cheese then wash it all down with their very own Rootbeer. Yaaaa! Good stuff. :D
Off to the Mission Raceway next to check the final few heats of road racing. Too bad about Tracy & Harry's Miata getting hit by some goof. :evil:
Stretch & Mick were representing their semi tube-frame HL510. This is an old local race car from way back so it was great to it see it rippin' up the track once again! 8)
Back on the highway to home. Rob, Keith and I stuck together all the way back to the plant. Phew! What a Hot Day! Temp gauge in the 240z was great - never went pass the 'E'. :wink:

:mrgreen: Big thanks to Keith for organizing the day - SUPERB! :mrgreen:

James
Attachments
Butters' Super Nice '68
Butters' Super Nice '68
P1010851.jpg (172.55 KiB) Viewed 3939 times
Hangin' out at Maple Ridge Nissan
Hangin' out at Maple Ridge Nissan
P1010855.jpg (250.96 KiB) Viewed 3939 times
This WW1 Vet played huge part in building this place
This WW1 Vet played huge part in building this place
P1010861.jpg (146.19 KiB) Viewed 3939 times
Last edited by McShagger510 on 12 Jul 2014 22:21, edited 2 times in total.
The person with the sun in their eyes has the right of way. - my brother

'72 2dr. 510 Turbo
'73 240Z all stock
'71 2dr. 510 stock......for now
'91 Nissan truck *SOLD*
'02 TOYOTA Tacoma
'78 Kawasaki Z1-R
'84 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo
'99 Kawasaki ZRX1100