WTB: 2 door carpet kit

Post your forsale and wanted ads
HAM8URGER

WTB: 2 door carpet kit

Post by HAM8URGER »

If anyone has a new kit for sale that is similar to 70dimers and willing to ship, I will buy. I don't think he is selling them anymore. If you have any info let me know. Thanks!
ajen68510

Re: WTB: 2 door carpet kit

Post by ajen68510 »

HAM8URGER wrote:If anyone has a new kit for sale that is similar to 70dimers and willing to ship, I will buy. I don't think he is selling them anymore. If you have any info let me know. Thanks!

Do a search for "carpet". Mario from Oregon makes them.
tbsteen
Supporter

Post by tbsteen »

There are a few different sellers on eBay with kits ranging from $95 to $229.50 (plus shipping of course). From what I recall, the couple of different members that made kits sold them for around $100. Some of the kits are cut pile and some are loop nylon. I bought the one loop kit for $114.95 and the quality of the carpet itself is great but the rear piece is about 1.5" too narrow and there is about a .75" gap on either side between the edge of the carpet and the sill. I let the seller know that it needs to be a little wider but I also said I'd supply measurements for the one I received and I haven't done that yet, so I don't know if that was corrected or not.

If you're interested, I also have a cut pile kit I bought but never fully installed because I wanted to go with a loop kit instead. I did install the rear piece, so it's been cut for the seat belt bolts already and there is a slight chance the holes might not match up perfectly with yours. It's got some pine needles and such on it but is otherwise new.

The pics below are of the loop kit I bought. The last pic shows the gap in the rear.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid= ... t&_sacat=0

Richeeee

Post by Richeeee »

^ Good info thanks. I'm looking for a complete carpet kit as well. I'd prefer the loop kit, that looks great.
Colbino

Post by Colbino »

I went with the istockinteriors carpet kit, but have yet to install it. They have a few different types of carpet to choose from and numerous color choices. I think they also sell matching carpet for you to do your trunk.

C.
HAM8URGER

Post by HAM8URGER »

ajen68510 wrote:
HAM8URGER wrote:If anyone has a new kit for sale that is similar to 70dimers and willing to ship, I will buy. I don't think he is selling them anymore. If you have any info let me know. Thanks!

Do a search for "carpet". Mario from Oregon makes them.
Yeah I've sent him a few messages over the last month or two but no response
HAM8URGER

Post by HAM8URGER »

[quote="tbsteen"]There are a few different sellers on eBay with kits ranging from $95 to $229.50 (plus shipping of course). From what I recall, the couple of different members that made kits sold them for around $100. Some of the kits are cut pile and some are loop nylon. I bought the one loop kit for $114.95 and the quality of the carpet itself is great but the rear piece is about 1.5" too narrow and there is about a .75" gap on either side between the edge of the carpet and the sill. I let the seller know that it needs to be a little wider but I also said I'd supply measurements for the one I received and I haven't done that yet, so I don't know if that was corrected or not.

If you're interested, I also have a cut pile kit I bought but never fully installed because I wanted to go with a loop kit instead. I did install the rear piece, so it's been cut for the seat belt bolts already and there is a slight chance the holes might not match up perfectly with yours. It's got some pine needles and such on it but is otherwise new.

The pics below are of the loop kit I bought. The last pic shows the gap in the rear.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid= ... t&_sacat=0

Where did you get the cut pile one?
tbsteen
Supporter

Post by tbsteen »

HAM8URGER wrote:
tbsteen wrote:Where did you get the cut pile one?
I got mine from a member here, 'shouldabeen.' It's a nice kit, I just decided to go with loop instead of pile.

Tim
HAM8URGER

Post by HAM8URGER »

I'm interested! Have a picture of it laying flat on the ground by chance?
Richeeee

Post by Richeeee »

70DIMER

Post by 70DIMER »

Hey HAM8URGER, sorry I was away for a few months taking time off from recently having back surgery. I'm back to making and selling my carpet kits and I made room on my Ratsun PM inbox since it was full for a while.

I appologize for not getting back to you, if you're still interested hit me up.

Thanks!
yenpit

Post by yenpit »

Careful with that eBay kit..........NO BOUND EDGES, and it states & illustrates that it is ONLY for the two flat floor carpet pieces. At the very least, you also need a piece for the vertical panel right in front of & below the rear seat.

If I recall correctly, I bought my carpet set from Mario a few years ago, and installed it last year in a project car. Nice kit!

tbsteen, you can rattle can paint those areas of the floor pan that show thru around the edges in BLACK, and that "gap" will kinda visually go away. Black is always good to make thing "appear" like they aren't there!
1973 510 2dr
1972 521 flat bed
1972 510 Wagon parts car
2009 Toyota Matrix S AWD

LOTS of 510 parts!
tbsteen
Supporter

Post by tbsteen »

yenpit wrote:tbsteen, you can rattle can paint those areas of the floor pan that show thru around the edges in BLACK, and that "gap" will kinda visually go away. Black is always good to make thing "appear" like they aren't there!
Thanks - I figured I'd do something like that or maybe just get a small section of carpet or something that I can lay underneath what I have to butt up against the sill. Another thought was to leave a little extra of the vinyl for the trim that goes along the side there that will tuck under the carpet.
HAM8URGER

Post by HAM8URGER »

70DIMER wrote:Hey HAM8URGER, sorry I was away for a few months taking time off from recently having back surgery. I'm back to making and selling my carpet kits and I made room on my Ratsun PM inbox since it was full for a while.

I appologize for not getting back to you, if you're still interested hit me up.

Thanks!
Hey 70Dimer is back! Hope all is well
yenpit

Post by yenpit »

tbsteen now that you mention it, that's exactly what Datsun did with the vinyl......brought it vertically down the inner sill & onto the floor about 2 inches!
1973 510 2dr
1972 521 flat bed
1972 510 Wagon parts car
2009 Toyota Matrix S AWD

LOTS of 510 parts!