xbox 360 rechargeable batteries.

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
bertvorgon
Supporter

xbox 360 rechargeable batteries.

Post by bertvorgon »

A question for anybody that has purchased the XBOX rechargeable battery packs and charging systems..

Have you bought the larger capacity ( time to play ones), or the whole charging dock with batteries, or,.... any other comments, suggestions?!

It is time I got rid of using the regular AA batteries, even though I do take them to recycling, and get on with something a bit more "greener".

There is one of my favorite game series coming out in March, so I forsee some serious game time coming.

BIOSHOCK INFINITE looks to be amazing! I just finished RAGE a month ago, so am looking forward to a new shooter.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
shacks510

Re: xbox 360 rechargeable batteries.

Post by shacks510 »

I've gone through about four of those rechargeable battery packs. They don't seem to last more than 4-5 months for me, or maybe I'm just unlucky. I bought an actual xbox battery dock that came with a battery, which crapped out, now I just have a useless dock.

I prefer to use rechargeable AA batteries now. Less convenient, but they last more than 4 months.

Also, do you play Forza? They have 510's in there!
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Thanks for the info!

It does seem the Microsoft stuff does crap out.

I have never been a car race guy, the physics just don't work for me. I must admit I have not tried any of the new stuff now, but, I'm just a first person shooter type. Grew up with DOOM, and it has gone on from there.

My son and I play Modern warfare online, as I like the competitive nature of it, and Matt and I can work together to try to hold a room...try being the key word.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
butters68
Supporter

Post by butters68 »

maybe bert should switch to a ps3 no battery pacs and no fees to play.
you need to try f1 2012,very very fun and i herd it works well with a wheel. 8)
ding ding dong dong all night long long.
shacks510

Post by shacks510 »

I'm happy paying for xbox live. More features and such. Wireless PS3 controllers have an internal bettery, and can't be replaced without opening up your controller.

Bert, I'm into the Call of Duty's also. Add me if you'd like. Shackuaa Josh
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I don't mind the 60.00 cdn a year it costs me, I get great bang for the buck with it. I have not even tapped into all you can do through the xbox console either, I just need to spend some time looking at that, instead of shooting things up. My wife would suffer the most with regular TV gone

My Shaw cable bill is stupid, and I only watch a few channels at the best of times. I am seriously thinking of canceling it. What happened to TV......Reality show hell. Speedvision is guy reality hell...I stopped there the other day...frick'in game show with guys guessing 1/4 mile times......Holy Crudmucker.....News is not news anymore, it's entertainment with quick sound bites. Kinda goes with peoples attention spans now.

My son and I are still playing Modern Warfare, it keeps my reflexes sharp, and I try to keep up with the young guys. I have been afraid to jump to the next game, as all the hot shots have gone there now. I don't think I would fare well. I can at least hold my own with this level of play. I have looked at the challenge of getting a good connection too, we had horrible LAG last year, finally upgraded to a really High speed connection, got my ping down to 18 MS. Turns out Telus ( our provider) does not tell one that there are higher speeds available. I need to set my IP to static also, next on my list, just need to figure out how to do that. Then...if I can figure out how to get GOD MODE...I will be a happy camper! :wink:

I think I will just stick with the AA's, I recycle them. I did see a method online for getting the so called dead batteries to actually charge, due to connection issues, but, I don't want to fart around doing that. I have enough electronic stuff to keep alive as it is.

Keith Law
shacks510

Post by shacks510 »

A car battery, some resistors, and bam! You'll have a battery that'll never die!
HudsonMC

Post by HudsonMC »

Keep an eye on woot.com, technology.woot.com, and sellout.woot.com.

Relatively often they'll have good deals on batteries. 72 AAs for $10. Stuff like that. Cheap batteries, but in that quantity, who cares?
Mattndew76
Supporter

Post by Mattndew76 »

I have been using my Sony AA rechargeable batteries for my Xbox controller for the last 4 years. None have crapped out on me yet. BF3 is my game of choice and soon to be BF4. Happy gaming.
An Idea doesn't work unless you do.