Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: What's shakin' BC?

Post by bertvorgon »

We did not feel it in White Rock, just south of Vancouver. Some did in the Vancouver area.

The quake was on Haida Gwaii, a large Island 500 miles north of Vancouver. It is sparsely populated, and the quake it self was some 100 KM ( 60 Miles) north of the towns, so no damage so far.

The quake was on a fault similar to the San Andreas fault, which slides. The concern with this one is that it both SLID & MOVED VERTICALLY, hence the tsunami warning.

Our quake guy said we basically dodged a bullet.

They say for us up here, we are due for a BIG one, as the fault off Vancouver Island/Vancouver, would cause a quake similar to the Japanese one.

I just need to make sure my 510 is in a safe spot...where it is now would NOT be good during a bad quake, old building, truss roof...PANCAKE..... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
two_68_510s
Supporter

Post by two_68_510s »

Well, that is good news, doesn't seem that you took too big of a hit.
I just saw the magnitude and freaked out, because I felt a 7.1 back in '89 and it wrecked all my buildings!!
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Still here on Van Isle. I'm a hundred and fifty meters from the beach. A bare few meters above sea level. Elsewhere, 44cm wave was reported last night. I was up till about 1 AM and any wave (if any) from it was supposed to hit Hawaii about 1:30.

Haven't heard from lou....
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs