New to the forum!

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
ATP

New to the forum!

Post by ATP »

I'm Andrew Peterson, in the last year I've fallen love with the 510. It started when I opened my shop and did a pretty extensive megasquirt conversion (which snowballed of course) into an SR20DET 510. It ended with a complete rewire, E85 conversion, engine replacement (never damaged, but upgraded when one of those smokin deals came along), diff replacement, CV axle conversion, quite a few custom parts, the MS install and tunes for both 91 and E85 with electronic boost control and my favorite thing...the custom ATP short throw shifter I designed. This one build has grown to another 510 build that will be even more involved, a 240Z getting a bunch of work and a Love for the classic datsuns that I don't think I'm gonna shake anytime soon!
two_68_510s
Supporter

Re: New to the forum!

Post by two_68_510s »

WOW! Where are the pictures man?

Welcome!
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Man, things are happening in Chico! Welcome to The Realm, Andrew. You wouldn't be related to Peterson Motorsports, would you?
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
ATP

Post by ATP »

Here are a few pictures of some of the things I did to the first 510 and picture with both 510's in my shop. Sorry about the crappy pictures, I really need a shop camera!

Thanks,
Andrew

What I started with:

This is the result of a "wire tuck" job done by a very well known shop :x I'm not going to name them, just be sure you guys know what you are getting for your money spent.

The engine bay when I got it

During the engine replacement

The MS location

this wasn't the final product, but the last picture I took of it. This was after I redid the rewire I did the first time around. we moved the LS2 coils under the dash and rerouted some stuff to clean the engine bay up even more after I replaced the SR with a cammed SR that also had upgraded head gasket to handle the 20ish lbs of boost he runs on the high boost setting with E85

This is when I was almost done with the car. The owner wanted to redo the cam cover himself and touch up the engine bay. I do have a few carbon pieces I am making for him, but just haven't been able to finish yet, but when I do I'll post them up.

The owner set me these pics recently after he smoothed and painted the cam cover.

The 510's
Calfcanyon

Post by Calfcanyon »

Hello
I see you designed a short throw shifter?
I am looking for a short throw for a 5 speed
Can you point me in the right direction?
Thanks?
Yes I realize this is an 11yo post I am responding to :-)