problems with my lights, help!

Paint, body preparation and modification, interior work and electrical
chongmang

problems with my lights, help!

Post by chongmang »

About a month ago, my highs stopped working.. and whenever i would turn them on the headlights would turn off as well. Now, my tail lights stopped working, (brakes and turn signals still work just not the running lights). where am i starting? my fuses are new, new bulbs. relays? where would they be? thanks for the help
510wizard
Supporter

Re: problems with my lights, help!

Post by 510wizard »

Did you soak the complete fuse block assy. in a vinegar solution? This can fix numerous problems.
Rheis

Post by Rheis »

chongmang wrote:About a month ago, my highs stopped working.. and whenever i would turn them on the headlights would turn off as well.
I had the same problem but not the brake lights too it was the old headlight relay that was worn out changed it and lights worked good as new...
510wizard wrote:Did you soak the complete fuse block assy. in a vinegar solution? This can fix numerous problems.
I second the vinegar bath its worth a shot
banzai510(hainz)

Post by banzai510(hainz) »

i would turn them on the headlights would turn off as well. Really you mean when you put on HIGHbeam all the lights go out?
Most likely the relay. Pull out the relay(by the fuse box behind strut tower) pull cap off by bending the tabs and clean the contack area with sandpaper. should work.
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

chongmang wrote:About a month ago, my highs stopped working.. and whenever i would turn them on the headlights would turn off as well. Now, my tail lights stopped working, (brakes and turn signals still work just not the running lights). where am i starting? my fuses are new, new bulbs. relays? where would they be? thanks for the help

Headlight relay seems to be working (clicking) but power to the lamps is not. Likely the contacts inside are corroded or one of the Red/White wires is loose, off or corroded. Briefly placing a jumper wire across the two Red/White wires should give you all four head lamps lit to show that the wiring and lamps are good.

Tail lights not working? Do the fronts work? If the fronts are working then the switch and fuse is fine as the same circuit feed front and back lamps. Is the license lamp working? If it is, but the tail lights are not, then the ground for them is bad... the license lamp has it's own separate ground.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs