WTB - Still Looking... 70's 2 dr.

Post your forsale and wanted ads
Northern(dat)Sun

WTB - Still Looking... 70's 2 dr.

Post by Northern(dat)Sun »

Looking for an essentially complete 70's 510. 2 door only. No time, room, money or skill to do justice on a rebuild myself.
Time to buy.
510-Trevor
Supporter

Re: WTB - Still Looking... 70's 2 dr.

Post by 510-Trevor »

Stock? Modified? Budget? Location???
1972 Yellow 4dr
Northern(dat)Sun

Stock looking is fine. I'd say dropping a number as to my budget is sorta showing my hand...
Suffice to say I'm in the price range where I'll be expecting either VG, SR, KA or an exotic and well built L series engine option, proper suspension set up and good to very good body and interior finishing.
I, of course, have my preferences for some of the smaller details but recognize that everyones build is their own and that I will have to make alterations or completions to my own liking.
I'm in Alberta but am willing to ship or fly to drive it home.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Northern(dat)Sun wrote:Stock looking is fine. I'd say dropping a number as to my budget is sorta showing my hand...
All the same, most people with higher-end 510s won't bother communicating details about their car unless they know the money is there. The ratio of dreamers/time wasters to serious buyers in that dollar range is ridiculous. That doesn't mean you can't find your car without advertising a budget, but you're likely going to have to do all the work.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
Northern(dat)Sun

Thanks for the input. I'm realistic about the cost of what I'm after and if the car is there... so is the money. Additionally, being that most of the 510's out there are in the West coast states and our Cdn dollar is doing well now is the time.
Northern(dat)Sun

Wow, where the 510's at? :roll:
iceD

Post by iceD »

They are on Craigslist in Atlanta, L.A., Seattle, Portland, Boise, Denver, N.Y.N.Y., Los Vegas, etc. If you really want one start looking.

ice D
nickledimeme
Supporter

Post by nickledimeme »

I'll sell you mine. 35k
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

You're about on the money there Dom :D
But I'd still have a hard time parting withthe Bronze for any price - I've just spent so much time on it!

Northern(dat)Sun, as Ice mentioned, just keep your eyes peeled. Lots of really good cars have sold in the last nine months, for very good prices. But it really depends on what you want, and how good the car really is.

If you are not in a hurry, a good one will come along.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
caddy-lack

Post by caddy-lack »

I have mine for sale on here but im not really sure it what you looking for.. but let me know if its up your alley
I wish I was rich instead of so damn good lookin
nickledimeme
Supporter

Post by nickledimeme »

Byron510 wrote:You're about on the money there Dom :D
But I'd still have a hard time parting withthe Bronze for any price - I've just spent so much time on it!

Byron
35k is a deal if your not doing the work yourself. But than again not may people can do the quality of work it takes to build one like mine. You already know I have waay more than that into her. But with the market the way it is know, I would sell it and go buy a 993 twin turbo. I would have to add 20k but at least the wife would ride with me again. haha.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Northern(dat)Sun wrote:Wow, where the 510's at? :roll:
okayfine wrote:, but you're likely going to have to do all the work.
The cars you're looking for aren't likely going to find you, and there aren't all that many high-end 510s anyway. If you see cars here on The Realm you are interested in, feel free to PM the owners and see if they're interested in selling.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
Northern(dat)Sun

Thanks for the tips everyone. I'm keeping an eye on the craigs lists ads as best I can as well as a bunch of different forums. With our dollar being good right now I'm hoping the right one comes along. It's time to buy.

If anybody can help me find one (that I buy) I'll throw in the standard commission... eternal gratitude and a bottle of beverage of your choice if I'm ever in your neck of the woods! :D
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

You have an offer for the green FJ two-door, winner of 2010 JCCS' Best 510, out of the most crowded field of entries, and most cars of any make at the show.

'Bout impossible for any one else to help, since you have not specified a budget.
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

okayfine wrote:You have an offer for the green FJ two-door, winner of 2010 JCCS' Best 510, out of the most crowded field of entries, and most cars of any make at the show.

'Bout impossible for any one else to help, since you have not specified a budget.
I'm guessing that $35K is not in the budget.
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage