Post a pic of your Dime.

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
GREG510

Post by GREG510 »

rnorrish,Pic of the air dam.It a Specialty Engineering one
Attachments
do you have a better picture that shows the airdam better? it looks like it could be interesting...details?
do you have a better picture that shows the airdam better? it looks like it could be interesting...details?
Scan10034.jpg (38.11 KiB) Viewed 8947 times
wtf

Post by wtf »

Posted: Jun 27, 2003 - 11:12 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wtf wrote:
5teN wrote:
Cool pics Greg. I think we'd all like to see your 510 at an event soon!
Heres the wagon...
...You know lordco colour matches paint for like $20.

hey, no dissin' primer, D00D.

hopefully, my dime will be sporting some too.

"primer makes it cool"

My dime was kewl as hell when I got it then...
Attachments
Tee dump.... Otherside was worse.
Tee dump.... Otherside was worse.
Picture 028.jpg (123.02 KiB) Viewed 8945 times
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

very.

so what happened to Lordco color matching....your car's no that color?
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
wtf

Post by wtf »

The Lordco crap works quite well... Atleast for some colours... It matched mine quite decently I guess cause it isn't as glossy. On my brothers dime it's more of a blue then a purple. So it's ass.

...I need my painted.
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

GREG510 wrote:rnorrish,Pic of the air dam.It a Specialty Engineering one
thank you, that definatly clears up any questions!
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
SundanceKid

My dime

Post by SundanceKid »

Well here is my beeeeeeauttty, she's a bit away, greg i emailed you before bout some specs on your l20b, i can tell you that it's in the shop right now with some 280zx flattops being bored out, the only thing that really scares me is the damn front end............
Attachments
Im000513.jpg
Im000513.jpg (91.73 KiB) Viewed 8885 times
wtf

Post by wtf »

SundanceKid wrote:Well here is my beeeeeeauttty, she's a bit away, greg i emailed you before bout some specs on your l20b, i can tell you that it's in the shop right now with some 280zx flattops being bored out, the only thing that really scares me is the damn front end............
...As it should.

You're sure that's the only bit that took the impact ?
SundanceKid

holla

Post by SundanceKid »

Yes toby it is, and it's not all that bad, 400 to straighted the front end out (frame rail mostly) and then get a new front end off my blue car welded on, my dad did a good job drillin gall the spot welds. Before we get the front done though we need to replace the two rockers($1000) so when they put it on the machine to get it streched they have somethign to clamp on to. Then we need to sand and paint and get some decent fenders.....
GREG510

Post by GREG510 »

SundanceKid wrote:Yes toby it is, and it's not all that bad, 400 to straighted the front end out (frame rail mostly) and then get a new front end off my blue car welded on, my dad did a good job drillin gall the spot welds. Before we get the front done though we need to replace the two rockers($1000) so when they put it on the machine to get it streched they have somethign to clamp on to. Then we need to sand and paint and get some decent fenders.....
Hey Sundance(logan):
With the front end like that ,it will be easy to put the motor back in :D
SundanceKid

Yo

Post by SundanceKid »

Hey Greg,

If you want to come up and do the body work we'd gladly give you a place to stay and some money:p - you look like you do good work from the pics. Go penticton Go!!!!!!!!
wtf

Re: holla

Post by wtf »

SundanceKid wrote:Yes tobIE it is, and it's not all that bad, 400 to straighted the front end out (frame rail mostly) and then get a new front end off my blue car welded on, my dad did a good job drillin gall the spot welds. Before we get the front done though we need to replace the two rockers($1000) so when they put it on the machine to get it streched they have somethign to clamp on to. Then we need to sand and paint and get some decent fenders.....
The blue 'un and yellowy both need their fair share of work, however bluey doesn't need a new front end, which you would be raping from it anyways, why not just use the blue one ? I mean i'm not there to actually compare the two, but from pics bluey looks better off. And you don't have to deal with the huge problem of aligning it back up.
5teN
Site Admin

Post by 5teN »

Logan,
Might it be better & cheaper to just buy a solid 510 shell?
THE_BORG

Post by THE_BORG »

1000$$ BONES FOR ROCKERS....... Holy shit...mine cost me 15$
72 2 door
69 4 door/rust...sold
85 Corolla GTS.....pending repair
///FiveOneOh

Post by ///FiveOneOh »

sounds to me it would be easier to fix the blue car then the yellwo thing...
///FiveOneOh

Post by ///FiveOneOh »

My current driver.
Attachments
00003405.JPG
00003405.JPG (45.49 KiB) Viewed 8189 times