November Meeting : Go-Kart Enduro - November 13, 2010

General Discussion about the 510 Club of BC
Turn7

Re: November Meeting : Go-Kart Enduro - November 13, 2010

Post by Turn7 »

Hi Guys:
I am in town- Have not gone away, and would love to attend.
Sign myself up.
I'll race with my son Scott. So two of us

See you there.
Brent Wilson
Member #13, or #15 I forget ( I guess this means I'm officially an old member) :D
Brent
McShagger510

Post by McShagger510 »

Trying to convince Rob to go if he can drag himself away from those damn books. My buddy Geoff said he'll be there.

James
The person with the sun in their eyes has the right of way. - my brother

'72 2dr. 510 Turbo
'73 240Z all stock
'71 2dr. 510 stock......for now
'91 Nissan truck *SOLD*
'02 TOYOTA Tacoma
'78 Kawasaki Z1-R
'84 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo
'99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
gooned

Post by gooned »

rnorrish wrote:Jason, can you harass your brother?
Frequently... :lol: but right now he is 13hrs ahead on a tiny island, :arrow: so no.
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

Jason, that's what I hear... I hope it's raining.

James, keep working on it!
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Rich, Shawn is out - shoulder injury at work this week - which also means no sanding on his car this weekend....

I'll still see you there.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

If they have a DVD player, I could bring the DVD from Noel's Birthday enduro event, that Matt and I did.

Do we have enough people to cover the rental now?
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

I don't know what they have Keith...
I think they have a TV, and I could bring a DVD player.

As for covering the total, no, not yet. The $40 was the lowest price per person based on 24 people.
If we do get a deal, then likely we would have that covered.

I have emailed a few friends of the club, to see if I can get a couple more people.
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
iceD

Post by iceD »

I am afraid with my wife out of town and my kids needing transport to Birthday parties I will not be able to attend.

ice D
Rheis

Post by Rheis »

I'm in put me down for tonight
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

substitution! :lol:
richard norrish
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

does anyone have an extra cooler they could bring?

preferably filled with ice? ;)
richard norrish
Rehs

Post by Rehs »

I'll be there shaking a pom pom with Jason and Juliette. You can put me down on the list for that with my current alias, Rodknee "Hip" Limb-Ping.
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

rnorrish wrote:does anyone have an extra cooler they could bring?

preferably filled with ice? ;)
problem solved. Thanks, Ray.
richard norrish
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

1st= Jamie M. and Jason K.
2nd= James M. and Rob F.
3rd= Keith and Matt L.

ALMOST LIVE RACE REPORT FROM TBC RICHMOND:

As spoken to Chris Economaki ( for you young guys...look him up...)

(spoken with a deep south drawl of course)

“So, Keith, how did the race go?”

“Well Chris, my son and I came down to TBC about two weeks ago, to do some testing on the #4 Cart, and to check out this here track. This is the first time that ma’ son and I have teamed together, so we all felt that we could lay down some hurt’in on the locals. We found ourselves lapping in the very low 30’s, and the TBC # 4 cart was runn’in jas fine!
Our strategy was for Matt to run first, to put a good lead on the rest of the varmints. He took off like a squirrel with a coon hound on his tail, working his way to first in a number of laps. It was during the first driver change that we had this hear problem with the seat belt. Then, after I got’s to go’in, I noticed a wicked tire shake go’in into turn 1. Might have bin a bit of brake fade in there too. After carving up a few people, I come up short on some slower traffic, entering turn 2. It was there some varmint practiced his best Dade Country Sherrifs move,
and PITT maneuvered me 180 degrees to the track. Well, All Mighty I was fit to be tied!!! That cost us our shot at the lead right there. I’s finally got go’in agin, carving my way through some MUCH slower traffic, bump draft’in as much as possible. Matt’s turn back into the TBC#4 cart, had us with the same seat belt problem ag’in. Matt toasted off a fast lap of 29’, for fastest lap of the day. Matt realed in some varmints agi’n, finally coming in to pit for my last stint out there. I was spitt’n nails at this point, havin let the TBC# 4 Team down. I was carvi’n thins up reel good towards the end, but, the clock was wound down. Ah would like the thank the TBC #4 Team, for a reel good cart, even though we had to fight tire shake, brake fade, loose steer’n, falling oil pressure, some over heati’n, BAD seat belts, debris on the track, slower drivers, faster drivers, a few wrecks that got tore up reel good, fogg’in helmet, etc.. When I came into the pits for the second time, Ah asked for fresh out side tires, as ah felt the stagger was gone off, and the car was LOOSE boy…LOOSE…The crew lets us down on that one.
Ah would like to thank our sponsors, Slippery Oil Co., HARD Tire Co., LOOSE STEERING COMPONENTS LTD, and finally, BUSTED RIB SEAT COMPANY.
And, to the varmint that spun me out, ah have dusted off the ole’ squirrel rifle……..!”

Hats off to the winners!

That was a blast.

Based on my mountain bike crashes, my left rib cage should be ok in a couple of weeks, Matt will be a bit longer. We really bash around in those seats, Matt had a Big excursion into the wall, and I had a more minimal one, wow does that hurt.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

I slapped the wall once, got hit from behind a few times - but unlike the Law Boys, my larger frame was a snug fit in those seats :roll: I did delivered one huge hit (unintentional – heat of battle moment) when Jordan had a pile up in front of him – I collected the back of his cart HARD. Glad you weren’t hurt Jordan. Well all continued on. I had the track marshal shaking the flag at me some good. :oops:

But I drove like a mad man, and had a great time. I've now had 12 hours to sleep on it, and I'm still very sore in the shoulders. 2 - 15 minute sessions back to back (1 hour enduro - 2 member teams) really kicks the crap out of you in these things! But man is it fun. Don Norrish was my team mate, we placed 6th, and were likely the heavy weight team of the bunch. My best lap time was a 30.6... I bettered my first session when I got a 30.9...

Great fun, thanks Rich for putting it on - and thanks to all who came out. Jason, I'll make Juliette a tall pair of shoes so that she can come out and play too...

So did anyone take photos?

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.