Buying a Wagon

General Discussion about the 510 Club of BC
Want-a-510

Buying a Wagon

Post by Want-a-510 »

Hey everyone. I'm new to this board, and I hae a couple of questions. I don't know squat aboutthe 510, except I've always wanted one.

What should I look for as far as the achilles(sp?) heel of this car (1978 if that helps). Can anyone give me some "words of widom" from your experiances with this car? It has a little rust on one fender...but nice condition otherwise. Are parts hard to come by? Expensive? I just wanna get a hold of what I might be in for...

Thanks for any advice!!

*edit* It's an '81. Is there as much/any aftermarket or performance for the later 80's 510 as the 70's. Seems the earlier are alot more popular.
Leeb

Post by Leeb »

aha. first of all, vancouver is a shady place to think (did i say think? yeah the attitude of the 49+ parralels runs down the level of thinking) about cars. that said, rollins gonna be fun, and its cool ur lookin into the newer 510s, they can be done. nissan stanzas make killa rides too...so good a company with 3 reputable models, and thats just in cars. anyways. advice would be call hella people and find the dude with the parts cars. thats a good way to get a decent price on your first datsun, which could turn out to be a mechanic-special eny-way. seems like guys are kit bashing these cars left and right. which isnt really nice, considering this is north america, and this is an import and a vintage model at that. maybe im just making my own plans through giving u advice. also, look at the vin plate in the engine, i say dont buy anything that hasnt got the vin plates in the engine bay...that prolly means its gotten a new engine or two. thirdly, remember in buying this car that theres a lot in the aftermarket...rotary is good. that said, and also saying i dont know the most about cars, its the low weight of the 510 that lets the coool engines get installed...the dude in the magazine with the 4 door on its cover put 230 hp under the 510 hood, and its an engine that is available readily and costs 1,500 with decent mileage...so what im sayin is unless u find that restoration datsun for sale, go with the cheaper one so u can install the engine that rips.
///FiveOneOh

Post by ///FiveOneOh »

very lile after market support for an HL..if any. I had one.. its now goine heh.

If your looking for the car with after market support aND WHAT NOT. THINK ABOUT THE pl510.