Stock headlights just went out! help me please

Paint, body preparation and modification, interior work and electrical
P0werPlentySR20

Stock headlights just went out! help me please

Post by P0werPlentySR20 »

ok i just picked up my first 510 and i must say i love the car...i was coming home last night and the headlights worked fine...then this morning i was off to school and went to turn them on...and nothing...only my corners lit up...can someone just give me a list of things to check? thank you
rnorrish

Re: Stock headlights just went out! help me please

Post by rnorrish »

Ever owned a car before?

Did you check the fuses?
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Fuse box would be a great place to start. It's under the hood and subject to the elements, so it can be an issue depending on your location.
Do you have a test light that you can verify power with?

Also, the plugs at the headlights themselves will always be energized if it's stock wiring. However, if you car has been modified (as your handle suggests) then anything is possible. Lots of guys who work on cars have no idea what they are doing when it comes to electrical systems, so modifications are usually a step backwards in engineering.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Fuses
Wiring
Headlight switch
Headlight relay
Headlights

It would help if you clarified your symptoms. Do you have taillights? Blinkers? High beams?
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson