Qr25de swap

Problems, ideas and comments specific to engine swaps.
Dropoff510

Re: Qr25de swap

Post by Dropoff510 »

Awsome! Thanks indy510 those pics are great! Exactly what I needed to see. I'll post some pictures in a few weeks just waiting to get some work, kinda slow right now. Darn economy
Dropoff510

Post by Dropoff510 »

So Indy you should totally pull out the qr25. And you can put my l18 back in the frontier. Your dad well never know. :D Haha. Well it's just an idea. Thanks again for pictures
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Dropoff510 wrote:Awsome! Thanks indy510 those pics are great! Exactly what I needed to see. I'll post some pictures in a few weeks just waiting to get some work, kinda slow right now. Darn economy
So you have no money to do this swap and can't even Google Image your way to some pictures of a Frontier engine compartment? :roll:

How can you afford to take a running 510 and ruin it?

For your own sake, stop before you start. In a year, you'll thank me.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

That is cool it's rear sump! I don't like welding cast aluminum but I'm sure it would need some slight modifications. At least it's not cast iron thats a real bitch to weld :roll: Sounds like a fun motor swap to me!
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
Dropoff510

Post by Dropoff510 »

Allright so i tryed to post some pictures but it said the file was to big its only a 3 megapixle camera though. if okayfine's going to mock me again about somthing i spelled rong go fur it. i know i cant spell guuuuud. :)
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

Dropoff510 wrote:Allright so i tryed to post some pictures but it said the file was to big its only a 3 megapixle camera though. if okayfine's going to mock me again about somthing i spelled rong go fur it. i know i cant spell guuuuud. :)
You can post the pics for free at www.datsun510.com

You will need to register first. Once you post them, copy the address from the properties menu of each pic then paste that info in between the image command that you can click at the top of your reply window. If you need more help with it, PM me.

I am looking forward to seeing your pics.
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

qwik510 wrote:I am looking forward to seeing your pics.
As do I, but possibly not for the same reasons :lol:

"Tonight, on Train Wreck Theater..."
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
Dropoff510

Post by Dropoff510 »

Dropoff510

Post by Dropoff510 »

sorry about image quality it was night time.
defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes »

Looks almost like it belongs in there.... Now get it done before we piss on your parade! :)
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

Dropoff510 wrote:so heres what ive got so far. http://datsun510.com/photopost/showphot ... hoto=19434

Let me help you out with the pics:

Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

Wow. Looks like there is alot of room to work with. :D

It also looks like you cut and flipped the crossmember.

I would love to see some pics from below to see how the crossmember and the steering cross rod sit with it.

Keep the updates coming :mrgreen:
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Is that as far as the engine can go back? Is the sump getting in the way? Maybe the truck pan wouldn't be a bad idea...

Where are you located? If you need some tig welding done on a pan or something if you get it ready I will blast it for you. If your local, I hate shipping stuff.
Dropoff510

Post by Dropoff510 »

Thanks icehouse I'm in spring valley. But there is a good 2 inches more it can go back, that's just where I had it when I took pictures.
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Dropoff510 wrote:Thanks icehouse I'm in spring valley.

That must be California....

So is the block you are running the 2.5 out of the car? If so what are you going to do about the intake mani? Aren't they laid out the same as all the other nissan front wheel drive cars with the intake facing the firewall in a RWD application? What about the fuel system? Are you going to swap the fuel rail so you can have a return line? I'm curious to see what happens with the tranny on.