club meeting sept 12

General Discussion about the 510 Club of BC
bertvorgon
Supporter

club meeting sept 12

Post by bertvorgon »

As I plan to attend the club meeting Saturday night, I have been asked for a copy of the Go-cart race, that I did for Noel's birthday. I am going to burn one up, so, while I am at it, does anybody else that was there, want one? It's 33 minutes long, and has some great racing, as is usual with our no mercy group.

Also, we had talked about going up to the old Westwood track, THEN drive out to Jamie's. As I thought about it, with all the traffic in that corridor heading out....I think I will pass on that, and just drive out from the plant, either as a convoy, or just myself. I have to go through a LOT of traffic to get from Richmond to the Westwood plateau.

The weather looks to be awesome again, and I would just rather keep moving and enjoy the drive, do the Westwood thing another day. Maybe do the back roads down along the Fraser or something like that.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
jason
Supporter

Re: club meeting sept 12

Post by jason »

I'm moving stuff into storage that day. I don't think I'll be able to make the meeting.
Jason
RONSLYCHUK
Supporter

Post by RONSLYCHUK »

Sorry Guys,I can't make the meeting.I will be going up to the cabin this weekend.Probably for the last time this year.I guess I will see you at the next one. Cheers,Ron.
Rheis

Post by Rheis »

where is this meeting exactly ? I may come if it isn't too far and if I get some time to finish swapping my transmission :) .. work has been crazy the guy I work with is on holiday and some other staff went back to school :x
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

The meeting is out at Jamie Mitchell's place, just west of Mission. I do not have his address in front of me at this time.

Weekend weather looks to be spectacular!
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Looks to me like I will leave the plant late afternoon, hook up with Byron on the way, then zing out to Jamie's.

I want to go out via the southern route, onto # 1, or the back roads, then over the Mission Bridge. With this good weather, and nice evening predicted, there will be lots of traffic, rather miss that myself.

Keith Law
McShagger510

Post by McShagger510 »

I'll try and hook up with you two tomorrow. I am hittin' the Shore in the morning on a rental so we'll see how I fair..... :lol: What time are you leaving the plant??

James
Attachments
Photo 15.jpg
The person with the sun in their eyes has the right of way. - my brother

'72 2dr. 510 Turbo
'73 240Z all stock
'71 2dr. 510 stock......for now
'91 Nissan truck *SOLD*
'02 TOYOTA Tacoma
'78 Kawasaki Z1-R
'84 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo
'99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

I should be home by 4pn - taking my daughter to a live Backyardigans show just after noon in Sunny Slurrey.
Yep, it'll be my 3 year olds first concert!! :shock: Wish me luck, a theater full of screaming toddlers :cry:

Meeting at my place in New West sounds good - we'll plan the route and depart from here.
Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
vgwagon

Post by vgwagon »

Byron510 wrote:I should be home by 4pn - taking my daughter to a live Backyardigans show just after noon in Sunny Slurrey.
Yep, it'll be my 3 year olds first concert!! :shock: Wish me luck, a theater full of screaming toddlers :cry:

Meeting at my place in New West sounds good - we'll plan the route and depart from here.
Byron
Good luck.......don't forget to bring out a couple of blue die casts....I'll bring out some bronzes for you.
Denis Gagné
AKA VGwagon

69 510 VG30e swapped
73 240z VG30et swapped
86 300zx na2t VG30et converted
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I will bring my Japanese packaged one, so you can see what it looks like! Boys and their toys literally, eh!

James, I dunno, leave the plant 5:30, to hook up with Byron? Is your friend here now?

It looks to be in the high 20's this afternoon, with 28-29 predicted for Abbotsford, so lets really think about how much traffic we may have to deal with...

Keith Law
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Denis,

I have the blue hot wheels cars, see you tonight.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
McShagger510

Post by McShagger510 »

Keith, yes Paul is here from Copenhagen for two weeks, so we'll have to meet up some time in the 'shed. I'll do my best to see you at the plant for 5:30pm today. :mrgreen:

James
The person with the sun in their eyes has the right of way. - my brother

'72 2dr. 510 Turbo
'73 240Z all stock
'71 2dr. 510 stock......for now
'91 Nissan truck *SOLD*
'02 TOYOTA Tacoma
'78 Kawasaki Z1-R
'84 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo
'99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Ok, see you then.

Do you want to ride tommorrow AM? at the watershed? or, what about tuesday night, weather looks good. Next weekend is out of course due to the show.

Keith Law