Maple Ridge 510 on craigslist

General Discussion about the 510 Club of BC
Elliott000

Maple Ridge 510 on craigslist

Post by Elliott000 »

Any info on this maple ridge 510 i was thinkin of buying it... i am going to look at it in the next couple days, its a 4 speed. owner says body is in good shapeand it runs well just wanted to know if anyone recognized it and had any suggestions or stay away warnmings. Ha

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/bnc/c ... 46151.html

Thanks
Elliott
jason
Supporter

Re: Maple Ridge 510 on craigslist

Post by jason »

Hi Elliot, from your post I'm assuming you're a local? You should fill the fields in so that we have an idea of where you're located so a local might be able to help you better. If you search the forum here (via google) as the search function is down here there should be a thread on it here. It belongs to one of our club members Ralph D. From the ad I can see that it's passed provincial inspection as it was a Alberta car before, which he drove back here I think so you should think that it has at least that much funtionality. It looks to be a pretty decent deal for a relatively unmolested 4 door 510 anyhow ....
Jason
dp61

Post by dp61 »

I had a look at it yesterday and have a little more info to pass on...the owner told me it does not run well but just needs points, guaging from the effort put into it to tidy up the rust issues (fenders, rockers, doglegs) I find it a little hard to believe that he would not have installed points if thats all it needed. We used to buy cars like that for $100-$300 max, nowadays I'd value a car like that at about $800-$1000 as there are certainly a few decent parts on it...but as a project car to fix up and keep its a little too far gone in my opinion.
Elliott000

Post by Elliott000 »

thanx for the info guys. i will update my info right now and keep my eyes peeled for a keeper to have as my project!