Cuban Missle Crisis!!!

Problems, ideas and comments specific to engine swaps.
five&dime

Re: Cuban Missle Crisis!!!

Post by five&dime »

Agreed on the color. I love it!!!! I don't think my struts are shortened but I cannot confirm 100% My car is pretty damn low and never bottoms out. The only thing I have noticed with the 280 struts with my coilovers is that even fully dropped, it's not quite as low as I would like. The fronts are all the way down and the rears are about 75% from the lowest point. My car drives and handles terrific though!!!

Don't worry about the smack talking from your brother. Power is nothing without control :twisted:

The GTR on the other hand..........

Looking forward to seeing all the cars soon. My gf and I split last night so I will have a lot more free time on my hands now. Maybe too much. I need another project now. My next project plan is to re-create this car minus the white circle on the door. I may even sell the BMW to build this and then buy a Nissan 720 4x4

http://www.auto-otaku.com/home/2008/01/jans-s30z.html
S15DET
Supporter

Post by S15DET »

Hey, what's wrong with number circles? I now have newer ones that are larger diameter!
Sorry to hear about the break-up.
Attachments
510s.JPG
five&dime

Post by five&dime »

Nothing wrong with them as long as they are vinyl. Just not my steez :)
batfastard

Post by batfastard »

The color is growing on me as well. We'll see what happens.....
I'll measure the rack tomorrow to give dimensions but it is very close (width) to the stock piviot points for the a-arms.
I accidentally went full retard.
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

batfastard wrote:The color is growing on me as well. We'll see what happens.....
I'll measure the rack tomorrow to give dimensions but it is very close (width) to the stock piviot points for the a-arms.
is it grey, or green?
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
batfastard

Post by batfastard »

The ugliest green you could imagine.
batfastard

Post by batfastard »

I got a little more done today. The front and rear coilovers are installed and ride height set up (its close). But I did have one little issue, one of the bolts that holds the rear LCA to the x-member is frozen to the sleve in the LCA. Anyopne have an idea of how to get it out? I've tried everything, including the biggest 1/2" impact wrench that we have. When I try to loosen the bolt, the rubber gives just enough that the bolt wont break free. The other 3 came out very easily.
batfastard

Post by batfastard »

Does anyone know of a stainless steel bolt package for the 510? My brother got one for his 260Z, just wondering if there was one available for the 510.
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

I remember a while back someone wanting to put together a package of new fasteners for a 510 - not SS though.
i'd be hesitant about stainless, and make sure it's as strong as OEM.
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
five&dime

Post by five&dime »

For what? I can line you up with the guy I got my L series cad plated bolt kit but I assume that isn't what you need. I have a couple of sources so let me know sepcifically what you need.

Come up to starbucks tomorrow with your brother!!!!
batfastard

Post by batfastard »

I was just looking for a bolt package so that I didnt have to reuse the old bolts or have to make a million trips to the hardware store. Anyone have any experience with using a tumbler (to clean and polish) and then "zinc" plating the bolts? Its just one of the many ideas floating around in my head..... Brandon, does the guy that sold you the bolt kit for the L-series offer anything for the chassis?
five&dime

Post by five&dime »

You can contact him. Eiji Hosomi. Tell him Brandon sent you to him. eiji@datsunspirit.com

There is a place downtown that re-cad plates and does a great job!!!!! I will have to get the name though. We just throw a bunch of stuff in a bucket and it's like $100.
five&dime

Post by five&dime »

Jamie what an unbelievably clean 4 door!!!! I was blown away. I love the color. Have never seen another that color. I wouldn't even consider changing that but hey it's your car :)

The shop is incredible and those RC planes and helicopter are suweet.

Russ..... Thanks for taking us for a ride in the RB powered 260 and the new GTR!!! Those are the fastest pair of cars I have ever been in :twisted:
batfastard

Post by batfastard »

S15DET wrote:I love that color, please don't change it. I considered a color like that for my project.
Do you have any dimensions of that Celica rack, I'd like to compare it to the MR2 rack that I'm using.
From the center of the ball on the inside of the tie rods the dim. is about 22 1/4 inches.

Hey Brandon, at any point did you get a little skeered? :shock: LOL!
five&dime

Post by five&dime »

Ummmm. Yes. It was like the craziest experience ever. I think the scariest parts were breaking traction at 70-80 in the 260 as was the part in the GTR where you come up to the 90 degree turn and Russ starts coming in slow. Then about 1/8 of a mile or so from the 90 degree apex he floors the GTR!!!!!! I was like "whoa whoa wait what are you doing????!!!!!!!" We must have taken the turn at 70 b/c as soon as you make the turn your already going much faster than all the traffic on 95 10 yards to your left!!! I bet all the people on that section of 95 that day were very suprised :)

That GTR is the only car I have ever driven or rode in that literally gives you that rollercoaster stomach feeling from a standstill. When he did the launch control I laughed hysterically as my face was peeled back and I was unable to move forward :) I have been lucky enough to recently drive the new Z06, the Ferrari 360 and the new M5. The GTR takes the cake hands down!!