ka24e motor mount not lining up to x-member

72dat

ka24e motor mount not lining up to x-member

Post by 72dat »

I am having a problem with the ka24e motor mount and stock 510 isolators lining up. I've read that most people when doing the ka swap will lower the isolators which doesnt line up for me. They line up between the bolt holes so i cant use the top or bottom bolt holes in the x-member. It's like i have to drill new holes between the two. Has anyone run into this problem? If so, please help.

Cheers.
jesusno2

Re: ka24e motor mount not lining up to x-member

Post by jesusno2 »

Yup I don't like that whole setup at all nor could I get mine to line up either I just built new mounts for my KA. Besides using the 240 mounts shoved the motor so far foward I was worryied about rad fan clearance ect. I set my engine back a ways and all my rad hoses are short stumpy little things its all still a tight fit.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

72dat wrote:I am having a problem with the ka24e motor mount and stock 510 isolators lining up. I've read that most people when doing the ka swap will lower the isolators which doesnt line up for me. They line up between the bolt holes so i cant use the top or bottom bolt holes in the x-member. It's like i have to drill new holes between the two. Has anyone run into this problem? If so, please help.

Cheers.
Where did your doner engine come from?
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Dude even installing the L motor can be a bitch to line up!! It's easier to start the 10mm bolts on the x-member first leaving them really loose so they can be tipped into the engine mounts. That's the way I prefer doing it.
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
72dat

Post by 72dat »

I am thinking of removing the flat mounting area on the x-member , make a new plate, weld it back on, then line up the motor mounts, and drill new holes. This should work because where it sits now i have enough clearance from the hood and hopefully enough clearance from the firewall and core support.

Has anyone run into problems with firewall and core support clearance when running the stock 510 isolators and stock 240sx motor mounts with reversed x-member?
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

72dat wrote: Has anyone run into problems with firewall and core support clearance when running the stock 510 isolators and stock 240sx motor mounts with reversed x-member?

Nope, and I've done 3 single cams 2 dual cam KA's and 2 NA SR's 1 CA18DE maybe more but that's all I can remember right now.
safin

Post by safin »

so you guys use the 510 mounts with the SR?......

hey guys...

thats the SR tranny mount and the modded tranny X-member. should i just make one of those energy suspension tranny mounts work? or are there options already available.....?

i do not have the 510 mount to check.......

thanks in advance
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

I've always used Dave Carrol's tranny mount or built my own.