Project: SR20DET 510- JDM goodies!@!

View and post your 510 project(s)
duke
Supporter

Post by duke »

Speed of sound eh? The owners name is Casey right? I have a buddy with a KA swap that he did...kinda shoddy job. I have heard mixed reviews of his work. What are you having done there?

And wow, it looks like there are alot of guys on here from the Bay Area...cool!
Duke Schimmer

'72 2-Door 510
"Simplify and add lightness."
mesojdm

Post by mesojdm »

^ no his name is Phil lee. hes the owner. Shop is in the sac area. He does very good high quality work(from what ive seen) also you to be partners with mario lozano(owner and fabricator of the SO-cal shop: TSR fabrication) I have trust in his work...trust me I would not bring my car to a po-dunk shop, ive got too much invested to mickey-mouse it.

Baz wrote: Cutting of the Xmember is not required to fit top rail injectors.
the isolator mounts are just replaced with R31 type. These are about $55
a pair. no cutting or mods needed to the SR brackets or the Xmember.
this will drop the motor more than you may need and can be adjusted with spacer plates between the Xmember & mounts. all bolt in .
Thank baz! so you think a set of r31 mounts will cure this headache?? I better let him know before the torch cutter gets busted out lol. Right now between the motor block and the x-member there is about 4". whats the clearnece on normal installs?thanks again

BTW the fuel lines are 3/8" feed and return I just checked. :)
slodat

Post by slodat »

3/8" (-6AN) is plenty. How long until you fire the engine?
'70 510 2 door
chopped '69 521
Baz

Post by Baz »

mesojdm wrote:^ no his name is Phil lee. hes the owner. Shop is in the sac area. He does very good high quality work(from what ive seen) also you to be partners with mario lozano(owner and fabricator of the SO-cal shop: TSR fabrication) I have trust in his work...trust me I would not bring my car to a po-dunk shop, ive got too much invested to mickey-mouse it.

Baz wrote: Cutting of the Xmember is not required to fit top rail injectors.
the isolator mounts are just replaced with R31 type. These are about $55
a pair. no cutting or mods needed to the SR brackets or the Xmember.
this will drop the motor more than you may need and can be adjusted with spacer plates between the Xmember & mounts. all bolt in .
Thank baz! so you think a set of r31 mounts will cure this headache?? I better let him know before the torch cutter gets busted out lol. Right now between the motor block and the x-member there is about 4". whats the clearnece on normal installs?thanks again

BTW the fuel lines are 3/8" feed and return I just checked. :)
Yes it will. we use them for this same purpose.
In stock can send immediatly
Ramiro911

Post by Ramiro911 »

When is it going to be running?
mesojdm

Post by mesojdm »

^eeek Id say a month. I am trying to figure out what ems to run... power FC, ECU flash, AEM standalone etc.
SR70510

Post by SR70510 »

mesojdm
thats a nice ride youre building. you should go with the power fc, tell phill jr says whats up and hopefully wil see him in a month
keep up the good work and dont get unpatient!
sr70510
DATSUNBOYS
mesojdm

Post by mesojdm »

^ will do:D. No I am not rushing anything..its going to be right and perfect the first time:)
I want to go with the PFC but opinions say its good for people who "continue" to mod(i.e you can change the tune yourself without sending the ECU in) but my mods are done for the motor now...And i dont think i will be changing anything soon(hopefully enough power:D) Whatever is best for the motor and the life of it....

NO pics of the car...but I stopped by the other day and its chipping away. Fuel lines look killer(billet holders and what not) Motor finally sits lower!!! The x-member was not modded..and I didnt switch the motor mounts(NIsmo's were $$ i wanted to keep them!) The OEM motor mounts themselves were cut down 1-1/2" and rewelded. Looks TITS! I can keep my topfeed SARD:D:D. Suspension should be arriving anyday..then after that is brakes a my r200 LSD. in the meantime here is a product I am KILLER proud of heheeh. I basically drilled out every rivet, re-painted the headlight surrounds like oem (flat black with silver edging) Powedercoated the metal grill gloss black, sent out the SS top for dent removal and repolished, then re-rivet it back together with SS rivits. WHEHHH. Anyways its better then factory:D:D haha. Well its my favorite part and mostly proud of so check it out! BTW its a JDM 73' grill

^NOTE:
The chrome inner "funnels" are just for show(maybe I will throw an oil cooler behind it..dunno yet) because my headlights(outer holes) are Bi-XENON which means they are low beam and have a motor in them that switch to high-beams.

Also..just a little something I picked up in hope to make it fit... Width looks like it will slip right over the 510's tranny tunnel...plus has a centerconsole and cup holders(needed badly!!)

^ Who can name what car its out of :D:D:D:D
caesarDX

Post by caesarDX »

Dunno? 2004 Lamborghini Murcielago
1984 Renault R5 Turbo2 - L' Enfant Terrible
1989 BMW E30 M3 "God's Chariot"
2001 Renault Clio V6 Sport Phase 1
1999 Nissan Skyline R34 GTR V-Spec
zootowndime

Post by zootowndime »

So both of the funnels are just for show. 1 should be a ram air for your filter, route your intake right up so the filters end is sticking right behind there. Direct ram air. And i would suggest highly considering running an oil cooler on the other funnel not just for shows sake, but for your beautiful motors life. Well i guess you have had turbos cars before but turbos put a lot of heat right into the oil. Then both of the funnels will help the go! Rather than just show.
Alex King
www.brewedmotors.com
nickledimeme
Supporter

Post by nickledimeme »

Who can name what car its out of

I would say 2002 Subaroo WRX??

I take that back.....they have a square type trim ring around the shifter.
mesojdm

Post by mesojdm »

ceaserdx- NOPE!:)

ZOOTOWN- ya thats actually a good idea thanx!

NICKELNDIME- wrong...but close;) CLUE- RIVAL
duke
Supporter

Post by duke »

Oh, I know, I know, Evo!!!
Duke Schimmer

'72 2-Door 510
"Simplify and add lightness."
Gensaiken1

Post by Gensaiken1 »

let me know if you can make that console fit and be sure to show pics of your process please. :\
1971 2dr Datsun 510 - L20b, 219 SSS Head, Roundtop SU's
slodat

Post by slodat »

Looks like 350z to me
'70 510 2 door
chopped '69 521