front mount, like the picture i have shown
83%
top mount with holes in hood right in front of driver strut tower
17%

Total votes: 6

bigbadblum

my body plans

Post by bigbadblum »

this picture has obviously been photoshoped and stuff but this is about how i want the front of my car to look like. let me know what you think. the air damn and the hood will both be carbon fiber. and the car is in the process of becoming a datsun 1600 instead of a 510 consisting of full 1600 badging and right hand drive. i have cut out the spare tire well and made a custom fuel cell box, and i shaved off the rear bumper and shaved the lip and that hump thing in the back also. if anyone might have some cool sugestions let me know. my goal is to have this done by mid april and after that it will be on serious show tour, every datsun show i can get it to plus alot of the import shows around so i can show up all them honda boys.
Attachments
photoshoped front pic of my car
photoshoped front pic of my car
Ratsun

Post by Ratsun »

Sweet car there is nothing like seeing an intercooler in the front.
dynobones

Post by dynobones »

how did you do this photoshop thing, sounds like fun, I guess I'm not suggesting this but I was thinking once of ditching the stocker signals and using that space to run air,I thought maybe some round signals might be cool re-located. I like the look of full race cars alot with all the stock ancillaries removed and such. the lower grill portion to me is a real cool shape without the flashers,but it looks as if you got new ones, so I bet ya dint wanna ditch them. I flared my car pretty much had to cause I cracked up the rear in a smash-up, plus the metal moths had really messed up the original wheel openings, I wouln't flare unless you had to.
I'm smiling because I have no idea what is going on.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

remember that mounting the intercooler in front blocks off the radiator air flow. It may look cool...but I really wonder about the effect on the radiator to do it's job properly. I mounted my inter-cooler behind the the left front headlight assembly. I can take the lights out for racing if i want to. I run with the hi-beam light out for normal street driving. If you are going to make some serious power, engine cooling is paramount. My inter-cooler does a fantastic job in this position, dropping the temperature 230 F. @ 16 PSI. Remember, for every 10 F temp drop, you pick up 1 horsepower! Just some thoughts.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
bigbadblum

Post by bigbadblum »

so keith your goin with the top mount style rx7 intercooler with some holes in the hood like Todd Kenenco's car, only on the other side. its nice like that actualy becuase it would give me a little bit more of a sleeper look, i dont want to many people to know what i have under the hood, well honda/acura drivers. it will also maybe have a duct in the hood near the back cooling the turbo itself
Attachments
DCP00656.jpg
Boaty

Post by Boaty »

Damn. I wish I had enough money so I could fix my dime.

I have no money. I'd LOVE to have a turbo with the L20B I plan to rebuild. Only $1699 for the entire Turbo-charger setup for an L-motor. That includes plumbed T3 flange exhaust manifold, intake for DCOE's.

$2299 for the same T3 with Ceramic bearings. :D
Steve Boatman
Grants Pass, OR
1971 510 2DR | KA24DE
bigbadblum

Post by bigbadblum »

sounds like fun. im gonna be passin by grants pass this summer when i go on a trip to cali, or possibly while im moving to cali. ill have my 510 done so if you wanna see it i can meet ya at like the old drivers range which is now that stupid paint ball course. ill let you know when im headin down there