FS 1971 510 2DR :(

Post your forsale and wanted ads
onslot

FS 1971 510 2DR :(

Post by onslot »

Well with great sadness I have come to the conclusion that I must sell my project ...unfortunate I don't have the time or according to my wife the money to finish it off (we do need a new washer and dryer) but any way here are the particulars
1971 datsun 510 , 2dr , 4speed ,1800 cc engine webber carb K&N filter NGK wires (with high compression ),99 % rust free , new 2inch exhaust with dynamax muffler and magnaflow double wall stainless steel tip completely rebuilt stock front end , old school craiger S/S 5 spoke wheels (13's) factory tach and brand new autometer trio gauges 2004 sunfire seats Sony GT5000 cd/mp3 player MB quarts mid/tweets + mtx rear deck speakers + 2 amps and 10 inch sub in the trunk also included in the sale is the paint for the car to match the engine compartment PPG base coat and clear coat and hardener and reducer (over 500.00 in paint alone )the car has passed provincial vehicle inspection about 2 months ago windshield has been replaced with new seal all this car need is someone to finish body work and paint everything on the car works lights horn wipers Everything fun to drive corners great and runs perfect have tons of recites for parts put in to the car email me if truly interested and will send pics, car is located in Chilliwack BC 4200.00 OBO email me at onslot@shaw.ca
If you find it impossible, try not to interrupt the person doing it.
onslot

Post by onslot »

I should mention that the car as going to be orange and there are pics in the gallery and the engine does have a header as well and there is also a new Grant steering wheel will add more as I think of it
mojo

Post by mojo »

interested in the car could you sent me pictures at manj510@hotmail.com
vgwagon

Re: FS 1971 510 2DR :(

Post by vgwagon »

onslot wrote:unfortunately I don't have the time or according to my wife the money to finish it off (we do need a new washer and dryer)
This is a bad line, I hate to be the one to say it, and I mean this in the nicest way......but, where are your balls?.....I would never sell my dime because of "the wife"....I mean I understand sometimes you have to do things you don't want to, but to sell something you have put so much work into and may never be able to a find a replacement later on, just because in the forseable future there wont be enough money to finish the car....who's in a rush to finish anyways....let it sit in your garage and collect dust for awhile.
I have heard to many stories from people who sold there 510's say I wish I never sold my 510.
But good luck man and no hard feelings....I'd rather you not sell your car, cause you will regret it.
Denis
Denis Gagné
AKA VGwagon

69 510 VG30e swapped
73 240z VG30et swapped
86 300zx na2t VG30et converted
mojo

RE: Re: FS 1971 510 2DR :(

Post by mojo »

I'm interested in your car call me at 604 4189281 or send me your phone #
bertvorgon
Supporter

RE: Re: FS 1971 510 2DR :(

Post by bertvorgon »

Man, do I agree with Denis!
Twenty years ago, I watched friends sell their 510s, and race cars, over half regret it. What is 4500 these days, gone in a heart beat. Finish your 510 and it is only appreciating in value. You have a nice car there. As Denis said, let it sit if it has to. My car sat for some years while I spent time with the kids. It does not cost anything to sit. You and your kids can enjoy it down the road (if you have kids) My friend Dave still has his 510 race car, sitting in his gargage for over 10 years now, just waiting till he has some time to get back to it. If it was gone, it becomes a MAJOR task to even begin to find one of sound body. Yours looks to perfect to let go. Easy to be a critic I guess, but, I can testify that I am so glad I never weakend at a time when I needed some money, because I sure could not do it again now.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
onslot

Post by onslot »

shes not the only reason and ya your right I can always make more money ....but its a time factor too the kids are growing up faster than I would like and the time that i would spend on the car .I would rather spend with them. there will be other cars at sometime down the road ..but right now family comes first
Cheers
510rob

Post by 510rob »

If there is room for it to sit, then think about the decision for a little while. Also, when I was a kid, there was nothing I liked more than to help my dad putter around on some of his little projects. Those are good memories for me.

I'm in the "keep the 510" camp, but won't preach beyond that other than to ask is your intuition telling you to sell, or some other evil force? (ok, I had to work a bad joke in there; she is only evil if she is making you sell the 510!)

One friend of mine sold his jet-boat and bought a minivan with the money... sad day that was...
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I do understand though!
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Rehs

Post by Rehs »

The way I look at it, my 510 is part of the family. The engine was out of her for the past 2 months now and boy did they ever miss her. Just got it back in last night! Son, daughter and wife were at the shop with me last night getting her finished. After I got her running we did a quick boot to Crescent beach and back. Brought my daughter and wife home from the hospital when she was born 8 yrs. ago! With her 2.25" exhaust with only 2 resonators.... Maybe that's why they don't listen anymore... They're Deaf!

Anyways, don't sell her man!
banzai510(hainz)

Post by banzai510(hainz) »

Sometimes you got to PIMP SLAP every now and then just to keep them on their toes.

really you should have done this before marriage So then after marriage they are used to it and wont get demanding and change on you.
MOLD THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice engine bay.

Washer and Dryers are cheap they all made in Mexico!!!!!!
510rob

Post by 510rob »

ahhh, yep, good old Hainz...
hang_510
Supporter

Post by hang_510 »

^ :lol:

my wagon outlasted my marriage and has the scars to prove it was worth it.
park it in front of a friends house? but dont take the chance of regretting it.
byron wrote:I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.
okayfine wrote:Sense doesn't always have everything to do with it, and I speak from experience.
banzai510(hainz)

Post by banzai510(hainz) »

To be honest I dont know if a 510 is worth a marriage/kids/child support or just the nagging/no sex but if you have the 510 thing as a hobby You have to let them know first otherwise shame on you for being a PUSS. But I see alot of people but money on Junk when they should have bought a better shell(i CAN SEE THE WIFES POINT ALSO)
I bet your saying Hainz must be single!Your right
But my pervios girlfriends knew How I was about 510s(they never got the whole thing but they let me along with it) Plus they had their own houses and made more money than me. So they didnt care.

So you young 510ers. One word of wisdom.
Find a older Chick w/ more money.