General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
68Datsun510

Post by 68Datsun510 »

mine is a ricey muffler, but for stainless and $60 delivered, good deal

osunds awesome when you get on it and has a "lopey" sound to it at idle
Attachments
7.JPG
Sacramento Datsun Owners
~Visit Sacramento Datsun Owners on Facebook!
D510

Post by D510 »

haha, then theres cams exaust. a 1 inch strate pipe going to a glass pack. looks like ass. sounds like ass. its sounds like..... like....... there are no words to discribe it. well maybe....... like if you took a beatle engine, suck it in a big echoy shop with no muffler, reved it up to just below valve float and i think you get the sound of the car while cam is reving in my drive way at 3 in the morning trying to warm it up so he can leave.
-1988 Red Jaguar Solvereign, Cold Airintake, Exhaust, Tint, Alpine Sound System.
-1972 Black 2dr Datsun 510, slammed with Built L20B
68Datsun510

Post by 68Datsun510 »

now THATS funny! i can just shove the silencer in in the morning when i have to leave for school, but when its all warmed up, out comes the silencer and it gets LOUD
Sacramento Datsun Owners
~Visit Sacramento Datsun Owners on Facebook!
Boaty

Post by Boaty »

Haha

I have a 2" exhaust, mandrel bent, to a 2" outlet Turbo Muffler (generic)

Sounds like it has a resonator, but not quite as "buzzy"

It sounds almost identical (less loud) to my friend's '68 Cougar GT. I love it. Makes the honda's look twice at me, too. Usually at my ass end when I pass them by halfway to the next light.
Steve Boatman
Grants Pass, OR
1971 510 2DR | KA24DE
bigbadblum

Post by bigbadblum »

i have a dual apexi n1 muffler setup that sounds great but hey my engine is also a 92 turbo motor so i guess it works for me. your right though when i had my l20b i had a flowmaster with a 3 in crome tip and it sounded beafy, really racey to like that one sound when vintage race cars let off the gas at high throtle, i loved it.
Boaty

Post by Boaty »

Yup. Gotta love it!

Too bad the job I got on mine was really lousy, crappy welds, three leaks (had repaired, at additional cost.. >.<) and a really ugly setup.

He had cut the collector pipe, about 3" down, welded in the new 2" pipe.

I should have went 2.5 or 3.0 all the way to the x-member, but I stuck with 2.0" all the way back. I have a regular 2" chrome tip, makes enough noise for me. I love the high-end buzz when you shift.

Vrooooooommmmm-zzzzzzzzzz Vrooooooooooooooom-ZZZZZZZ, Vrooooooooooooom-ZZZZZZZZZ... Vroom *POP* ZZZZZZ........ ;)
Steve Boatman
Grants Pass, OR
1971 510 2DR | KA24DE
///FiveOneOh

Post by ///FiveOneOh »

man if I payd money to get my exaust done and it leaked. I'd just go back and have hom fix it free! if he didnt; I'd make a big enough fuss untill he did. or. Rip it off my car. throw it into his shop and say. no. I want my money back.
D510

Post by D510 »

speaking of geting new exaust...... cam lets put your kool sounding exasut in your car. its just sitting there in a car with a blown engine!
-1988 Red Jaguar Solvereign, Cold Airintake, Exhaust, Tint, Alpine Sound System.
-1972 Black 2dr Datsun 510, slammed with Built L20B