New Member - LeonV

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
LeonV

New Member - LeonV

Post by LeonV »

Hey folks, unfortunately I'm not a 510 owner but I've been playing with S30's for over 16 years. I'm in the middle of working through some issues on my Datsun Comp R180 CLSD and keep seeing juicy links to 510Realm so I've finally decided that I should sign up! I hope I can be allowed to peruse the wonderful archives you guys have here. :)

Cheers,
Leon

P.S. Hi Spencer.
datzenmike
Supporter

Re: New Member - LeonV

Post by datzenmike »

If the LSD is chattering or not working properly the clutch discs may be dry from driving too many lines in straight lines. Find a parking lot and slowly do 8 or 10 figure 8s.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
LeonV

Re: New Member - LeonV

Post by LeonV »

datzenmike wrote: 12 Dec 2023 07:34 If the LSD is chattering or not working properly the clutch discs may be dry from driving too many lines in straight lines. Find a parking lot and slowly do 8 or 10 figure 8s.
Hey Mike, thanks for the tips but it's a longer story than that unfortunately... my diff started making more noise than it usually does recently. I took it apart this past week and found that 6/8 ring gear bolts have backed out and the other two were loose. Not only that but the LSD was also assembled completely incorrectly by the shop that touched it last... Unfortunately, I'm on the lookout for a replacement 3.9 R180 LSD diff. :(